Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Bose radio with RDS. I have noticed in the last 2 weeks when a song is playing and then is over, the title says in the display even during a commerical and a lot of the time this same titile will stayed with the next 5 or 6 songs. Before this problem started after the song was over and it went to commerical the name of the radio station will come up. It does this on all stations. Has anybody else have this problem and if so what was the fix. Thanks for any help. The year of my MO is 2003.

·
4,664 Posts
Hmmm.... Seems like the RDS decoding is marginal and it's not getting overwritten by the next messages.

Does it clear immediately if you change stations? If so, does the correct song come up when you change back to the first station you saw with the problem?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Could it be.......

Why is it that we always jump on the Mo as the problem? Could it be a problem at the radio station ?........

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
Re: Could it be.......

Emtee said:
Why is it that we always jump on the Mo as the problem? Could it be a problem at the radio station ?........
That is what I was chalking it up to in my MO.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I've seen that happen on mine as well and figured it's probably the RDS signal dropping out from time to time. In a way it's similar to the closed captions on the TV's in restaurants or gyms where the last bit of the text remains on the screen during the commercials and doesn't clear out until the program resumes.

I'm sure this problem exists on head units configured for Bose systems and base systems alike.

Dave N

·
Registered
255 Posts
I have seen a title/artist data stay on for hours on a radio station. The radio station even came on and stated the they new the Incubus wasn't playing any more for the people with RDS. The error was likely the station.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the imput. On one station I listen too the same song title has been there for two days. On another station the song title sometimes changes or will stay their for a couple of songs. What is strange is a couple of weeks ago it worked just fine. The title would appear and then after the song if the DJ or commercial came on the station ID would come on. This would be true for all the stations.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts