Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I opened up the Bose sub enclosure and noticed that the sub is a DVC sub and the wires (4) leading into it are regular speaker wires. Can I get one single voice coil sub (2 or 4 ohms?) and just connect the wires to the new sub, will the Bose amp do its duty!?!?! (exicted)

·
4,664 Posts
Hmmm... There's a problem with the phase of the two channels... Not knowing enough about the amp, I'd suspect there may be issues with connecting them in parallel or series. If it could be bridged, that would be better. Or just disconnect it, and add an external amp in bridged mode. You'd have to combine the two channels for the input...

OK you Sound System experts... Get typing!

·
Nissan Enthusiast
197 Posts
Be careful experimenting. The ground wires to each speaker are floating ( not common ) If you really want some better-than-sex bass then go to an outboard amp. The Bose amp is not really powerful and the power supply in it would indicate that it could not sustain high spl's of deep power hungry bass. Look for yourself. It's under the passenger rear seat. You can see it behind the spare tire underneath a rubber curtain. See my attached photo. The silver box is the HI-LO converter which takes the existing sub-outputs (cut the original Bose Sub off) and converts them to RCA line levels for input into my amp. Some amps have speaker level inputs on them already so many of you wont need the converter but beware..older amps like mine asume that the ground for each channel is common. On a floating ground system like the Murano's, my amps speaker level inputs would not have been the way to go. I had to go the route of the silver converter that had distinct and seperate ground inputs for each channel. The yellow plug is an industrial vacuum cleaner ( B+; B- and trigger ) plug so I can do a quick disconnect to change a flat tire.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts