Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,
I tried to search for this info before posting, but just couldn't find it. would hate to duplicate posts...

I have a stock non-bose H/U.
Is there anyway I could connect a OEM bose subwoofer in the spare tire?
Are the harness pre-installed for the non-bose h/u?
has anyone even tried this?

just got a mo about a month ago... love it, been reading this board for about 2 weeks before deciding and buying the MO... so I am new, but I feel like I know my MO very well already...

·
Registered
111 Posts
I've been looking to do the same. I don't think it is prewired. My plan was to use the rear speaker outputs and attached it to the high level inputs of an amplifier (used to drive the subwoofer). My problem is with the remote wire to turn on the amplifier. I just got to look a little harder in the FSM.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jace said:
do you have a Bose subwoofer yet?
no, not yet... just saw one on ebay awhile ago. but thought I would do alittle research before getting it.

so far here is what I think I know... aside from the sub, there is an amp also. the amp sits somewhere underneath the rear seats (close to where the two spots for the sat and the changer is.)

I do see cable with a small brown harness in the spare tire well (toward the rear and tied to another cable.) but this could be for a whole lot of things. at the same time, can't seem to find anything around where the amp is.

something should go from the h/u to the amp location then from the amp to the sub. with that being said, when I took off the h/u for the pac-aux device, there is no open plug for any extra harnesses. but then again, I did have to remove the sat harness (although not used) to install the pac-aux....

guess will look more closely for a possible amp harness.

·
I know, I know, pull over
72 Posts
good luck.
when you get serious about it, I have my Bose subwoofer that I'll let go for $120 and you cover shipping.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I am interested in the subwoofer. Do you have the amp? What about a h/u? I have a 250 watt jl audio amp. Will this hook up to the bose sub? Do you know the ohm value of the sub?

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Hey you guys, do a search on speaker wires or connections.
The pinouts are vastly different from bose to non bose.
The bose sub is a two coil, 2 ohm each coil sub.....I strongly suggest getting an aftermarket, will save you some bucks and sound much better.
Search around, this is a very old subject.

·
I know, I know, pull over
72 Posts
yeah, I know the info has been posted before. If you decide you are interested, PM me. Here are some pics of the sub as it sits in the tire well, the connector (which I just taped out of the way since disconnecting it), and the model number(s) info.

·
Registered
55 Posts
are there any other alternatives to doing this around this price range?

I see bose subs on ebay and it's a reasonable price

Do these subs require a special amp or anything?

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
unr1 said:
are there any other alternatives to doing this around this price range?

I see bose subs on ebay and it's a reasonable price

Do these subs require a special amp or anything?
If you are referring to the Murano's OEM Bose sub-woofer, the answer is YES, they require a seperate amp that is not on non-Bose Muranos.

-njjoe

·
Registered
55 Posts
njjoe said:

If you are referring to the Murano's OEM Bose sub-woofer, the answer is YES, they require a seperate amp that is not on non-Bose Muranos.

-njjoe
ok, will an aftermarket amp be compatible with the bose sub?
like a 5-channel aftermarket amp for example

This is a bose sub selling on eBay. One of the higher priced ones actually
But will I be able to easily connect this sub to an aftermarket amp?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/06-N...80325946054QQptZCarQ5fSubwoofersQ5fEnclosures

edit: would I be better off getting something like this? I'm not sure if it will sit right on the spare tire though.

http://www.dealercostcaraudio.com/memphis15-sc10s4.aspx

·
Registered
30 Posts
Bose Sub

05 Mo S, I was looking to upgrade everything and purchased a Bose Sub on Ebay, it should be here tomorrow. My system is non Bose but there is a harness on the left side of the spare tire? I have seen pics that show this harness connected to the Bose Sub, do I need the amp to make it work. (plan on getting an 06 Bose audio unit when I find one cheap enough)

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Re: Bose Sub

Kimo said:
05 Mo S, I was looking to upgrade everything and purchased a Bose Sub on Ebay, it should be here tomorrow. My system is non Bose but there is a harness on the left side of the spare tire? I have seen pics that show this harness connected to the Bose Sub, do I need the amp to make it work. (plan on getting an 06 Bose audio unit when I find one cheap enough)
Yes, because the other end of the harness you are referring to needs to be connected to the Bose amp.

-njjoe

·
Registered
30 Posts
That brings up the next question, there are no connections where the bose amp should be. Is it possible the harness for the amp is located in a different location? (other than right side opposite of satelite tuner)

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Kimo said:
That brings up the next question, there are no connections where the bose amp should be. Is it possible the harness for the amp is located in a different location? (other than right side opposite of satelite tuner)
I wish I could help you on this one, but I am clueless.

Sorry.

-njjoe

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Looks to me like you're going to have to do some serious wiring to get this to work.

I looked up the differences between the nonBOSE and the BOSE system and there are some major differences in the wiring:

In a BOSE system:
1) The audio signal outputs from the head unit are shielded and connect directly to the BOSE amp.
2) All speakers (including the woofer) connect to the output of the BOSE amp.
3) There is a speed signal from the unified amp (violet/white wire) that is connected into pin 22 of the audio unit.

I believe that there was a different internal wiring harness to facilitate the amp, woofer, shielded wires from the audio unit to the amp, and then from the amp to the speakers.

Your solution would be to get an existing BOSE unit (I have one for sale :D), an amp, and finally the woofer. You can put the woofer and amp in the stock locations and then make your own sub harness. You would simply have to do the following:

1) Cut the audio signal wires coming out of the audio unit.
2) Run shielded wires from the audio unit output to the correct terminals on the input of the amp.
3) Run more wiring from the output of the amp back up to the input of the speaker wires you just cut to complete the loop.
4) Run wiring from the output of the amp to the input of the woofer.

Shouldn't be too hard to do.

Here's a schematic of the nonBOSE system:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
And here's the schematic for the BOSE system:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts