Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experienced the following problem?
When listening to the CD (CD ONLY!!) left speakers go on and off whenever they feel like it.
I am talking about the Bose system with 6-in-dash CD-changer. Again, it only happens in a CD mode, NEVER in the radio or tape ones.
I brough the car to the dealer, [allegedly] had the whole unit replaced, soon enough the problem re-appeared again.
I'd appreciate anyone telling me about their experience as I am going to the dealer again and HOPE that this problem would appear during my visit again, so they notice it right away.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Does the CD skip, or are the speakers cutting in and out? Check to see if the dealer also replaced the amp instead of just the head unit.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, CDs don't skip, the left side speakers cut off. When turning the balance all the way to the left one can barely hear the lowest bass sound coming out.
I thought that the problem was simply a weak connection between the CD and the Amplifier which I told the dealer about.
They told me that they have replaced "the unit"...maybe it comes as one "box"? If so, it is really hard to believe that the same problem would appear again in a different unit, isn't it?

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
It sounds almost as if the wiring harness to the left side of the vehicle is getting an intermittent signal - maybe its binding up or getting pinched somewhere. Could also be a bad ground.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well,
that's something I thought of at first.
How would you explain this problem NEVER happening in a tape or radio mode?? It is MOST likely a bad connection between an Amp and CD-changer.
would anyone know whether Bose system comes as separate units (i.e. apm, changer etc.) or it's all enclosed in ONE box??

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
The changer is in the dash. The amp is below the floor of the trunk area.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i have the same problem, i brought it to the dealer, theyre replacing the radio unit. i forget what he said but it wasnt something pinched or a minor problem. the whole dash unit is coming out and being replaced. the service manager called nissan and they said replace the whole thign right away. must be an internal problem.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well, as you can see, they once replaced mine as well. It didn't fix it.
The problem here is to actually have this problem WHILE being at the dealership :(, the thing isn't constantly happening, but when it is, it's annoying like hell. The way I get around it is just listening to my iPod with tape adapter (not a true solution, but it works)

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
disla said:
Below the floor? You mean the sub that's on the top of the spare wheel?
Thats the sub. The amp is further back almost underneath the rear seatback below the floor.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh..how interesting! I would've never guessed it, will check it ASAP.
I doubt that I will try fixing it myself, but this is at least something I could hint the dealer about as it seems to make sense.
Do you know whether CD, tape and radio have separate wires going to the amp or it's one sound-out wire?

·
Registered
17 Posts
yeah, well mine is out more than its on, so i guess they saw the problem right away, i dotn know for sure. but its only on CD and its only the driver side speakers, and it only seems to be the trebble that goes, theres still a low faint sound coming and if i put the balance all the way to the right, i hear whats playing just no treble. i was told the units faulty, and nissan is replacing it without a problem. if this is happening again maybe its another faulty unit. i noticed it after they replaced my NAV, and thought they knocked something loose, but they checked and that wasnt the case.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Your description sounds EXACTLY like what's happening. I must have been in luck getting two faulty units in a row!

·
Registered
17 Posts
yeah thats definitely weird, maybe third times a charm? mine hasnt been replaced yet, my appoitnment is next wednesday so i cant tell you if the replacement works or not yet. but it doesnt seem like nissan has a problem replacing if you have a problem with something. i had a problem with my nav and they replaced that as well, no hassle at all

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, they shouldn't have any problems replacing their defective parts. The thing is that this problem appeared after I've had the car for over a year.

·
Registered
17 Posts
ive only had it for 6 months, but the nav had a problem and not the stereo has a problem. kind of annoying but kind of expected with a new car. the stereo problem came at about 5 months. i just became busy and then it took a week for th epart to come in, but other than those two 'problems' i love the thing!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, I wouldn't say that I'd expect any problems in a new car that was made in Japan, but again, this one is not just MY first new car, but also one of the first Muranos ever sold in the US (or at least on the east coast), I purchased it in January 2003.
Magically, all those rattles that other people were reporting, simply dissapeared by themselves after a while.
I totally love my car and the only major problem for me would be its very sensitive paint - it's already scratched all over.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Bummer. This problem just happened to me too. I noticed it a couple days ago and thought maybe it was a bad CD that I burned. Well got in today and happened again only it does it on every CD in the unit. Does anyone know if there is a SB on this yet. I really expect alot better from Bose! Weird that it only happens to CD's and happening to everyone on the left side. It is also happening on both front and rear speakers.

1 - 20 of 151 Posts