Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
5,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all my travels I finally decided to get a noise canceling headphones. I know Bose makes a good one but there are others too. And significantly cheaper. Anybody out there has any experience with Bose or other noise canceling headphones? Are Bose really worth the money?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
IMHO:
Bose are NOT worth the money. A $99 headset with a $299 label. I have a pair of Plane Quiet Solitude ($199 retail, maybe less on ebay), and a pair of Plane Quiet NC5 (now out of production, but just about as good), less than $70. The current Plane Quiet NC6 is an on-the-ear rather than an over the ear, and is not quite as effective. Check ebay, search for Plane Quiet..If you want the best, buy the Solitude.
Try this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/PLANE-QUIET-SOLITUDE-NOISE-CANCELING-HEADPHONES_W0QQitemZ5872404019QQcategoryZ73841QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
Registered
19 Posts
Noise cancelling headsets really make a difference on noisy planes - especially if you have a seat near the engines, or are near a baby/child or an annoying adult acting like a child.

Are the Bose worth $299? Probably not, I personally think they're overpriced, and I'm not much of a Bose fan. I've seen models from Panasonic and others now anywhere from $100-$200. I don't know about their quality.

Here'a CNET page you may want to take a look at:

CNET Link

All that being said, I have the $299 Bose QC2 headset and I love them. I guess what sold me was a co-worker that had a pair and gave me an in-flight demo, what a difference! They are very comfortable too.

·
5,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys,

I did almost 90,000 miles last year. This one most likely will be similar. A friend of mine flew with me this week from Milwaukee and he had Bose QC2. Fantastic experience! I was almost sold! As he was on my Garmin C320!:D

ekaxel

thanks for your suggestions. I will check it out.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
The airlines use Bose.

That's enough for me.

Homer

·
5,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Homer,

why do I have to listen to you? I just ordered the Bose headphones........I guess you "tipped the scale"!

;)

·
4,601 Posts
I like Homer... He's been around long enough to see through all the B.S.

Yet, in spite of that, he still seems to like me, so he has a good sense of humour too!;)

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
As you may not know----

That's one of my inventions see www.donLewis.us The number of applicationd are immense. We built electronic mufflers, Arvin Mentor is now developing it. We made quite torpedoes, Silent helicopters, Stethoscope's for listening to heat sound in nosey enviroments, Electronic quite zones for stamping press operators, On and on. I am going to try and post a link to a video of a unit in operation.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I purchased the Brookstone SST 500 NC headphones about a year ago ($199.00 US).
Been quite pleased so far...I've tried the Bose in a store but its a controlled environment.
I did buy a set of the Seinhieser (spelling?) phones...tried them for a day and took them back,...overpriced and poor performance.
Also tried the $30 to $80 units on the market...mixed results...mostly dissapointment.

DBW :)
:yodaddy:

·
5,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got my Bose a week ago or so. Since then used them on flight to KC. I am pretty happy so far. Maybe they are on an expensive side but theu work. And that 's all what counts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts