Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the Boston Car Show last night at the Bay Side Expo.... I was hoping to checkout first hand an 06 Murano.

I'm sad to say that they only had an 05 Murano on show.

Otherwise good show.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Gonzo.....

I went to the show last weekend and was very disappointed that the Murano that was there was only an 05. When I asked why they did not have the 2006 model, I just got a shrug of the shoulders. Isn't the idea of an auto show to be showing off the latest models?? Some manufacturers even had 2007 models on hand.

What other vehicles did you find interesting? I really liked the Saturn Sky. And the $192k Mercedes 12 cylinder 2 seater (can't remember the model).

As for a potential Mo replacement, I found the Tribeca inexplicably growing on me.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Guess since there's no major redesign, nissan doesn't think they need to show off an '06. Not many would probably noticed LED tail lights, different dash, wheels, etc.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fdonaghy,

I saw a trend at the show... any car over $80K had its doors locked. :p

I liked the Saturn Sky until I looked closer at it... it didn't appear to be manufactured to tightly.... when I looked at the Pontiac Soltice that looked like it came from a better design.

I also checked out the Tribeca.... I liked it but felt a little squished in it compared to to MO.

I did take a Jeep ride in the pavilion over their course... that was fun.... 45° up and down. Something the MO couldn't do for sure.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Great...I was going this weekend and hoping to find the 06 Mo there.

As for the Pontiac Soltice, the Miata X5 beat it all around according to Car and Driver. That is with the exception of looks.

I went to one of those Jeep 101 at Suffolk's Down one year (when I was a Jeep owner). They let "you" drive the same course - unlike the car show (i've been told they don't). I was very impressed with the Grand Cherokees ability to go over the torsion and bump course with ease. The ride was luxurious. To bad they need to be in the shop most of the time.

Anyway, I don't know why I bother going to this show each year.....oh yah, because I'm a car enthusiast. :31:

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
There is ONE group of Solstice' that will eat a miata.
Or the Murano/
Or a Z3.
Or a Z4.
Or a hemi engined Charger........

It seems that Pontiac has signed a deal with Mallet to produce a few "specials".

Can anybody say "future Shelby".

Yes, the stuffed an LS2 into a Solstice.
The new Corvette engine.
With nothing preventing a Z06 adaptation...........
400 HP in a Solstice.
With a warranty.

A little too rich for my blood, but I am sure glad somebody builds this kind of cars.

Check out
http://www.mallettcars.com/

The new Miata is fantastic.

Homer

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts