Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just the other day, I was driving thru this one way street and ran over a speed bump at about 35-40/kph and MO bottomed out. It felt like the whole back end dropped. I would've avoided the bump had I seen it, but its was one of those which matches the road and was hard to see. I got out immeditately and looked at MO from all angles to see if something had fallen off. There was this loud "thump" from the rear, (it scared the s**t out of me).

I looked at the underside and there doesn't seem to be any damage. Hope I didn't damn the axles/springs/shocks/muffler, anything under MO.

Had anyone ever experience this going thru speed bumps/potholes.

This is bothering me.
Your thoughts and /or experiences please.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Must have been one hell of a bump. Check your mufflers - they are the lowest things. Nothing else can really hit.
Good luck and I hope you didn't hurt anything!

·
Major Geek
636 Posts
Once, while making a K-turn at Mesa Verde National Park, the ditch on the side of the road was a little deeper than I expected. It sure sounded like I scraped the resonator under my seat right against the edge of the asphalt. It was a scary sound indeed, but nothing else ever came of it.

Although I do occasionally hear a deep, gutteral sound under light acceleration when the ambient temperature is in the 50s. Kinda reminds me of the sound my Prelude made when I punched a ventricle in the carb. And the time the cat was shot in my Daytona.

·
Registered
41 Posts
That thump was probably just the car hitting the bump stops on the frame from such a fast compression. Not a chance you actually dragged anything.

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
I rounded off a more than 90 degree intersection once and hit a deeeep pot hole off the asphalt with the right rear tire. WHAM! It made a horrific noise. I was only 2 miles from the house so I drove it home and inspected....no evidence anywhere. But it did make a terrible sound. My boys were with me and when we got home they were going "nooo waaaaay" when we could find nothing wrong.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your feed back.

First time this ever happened to me and MO, it freaked me out

I've been inspecting Mo everyday and can't find anything wrong.

Looked everywhere expecting to see some type of damage, but nothing. I'm amazed.

I guess its just a pyschological thing that bothers me, keep thinking that "thump" hurt Mo.

I gotta be extra careful with her now.

Thanks again, my MO brothers/ and sisters.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts