Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinks for everyone's input regarding latte vs charcoal and test drives. Happy to say I bought a Murano on Saturday ! Had all I want in it - SE/AWD/VDC/all the packages and goodies - didn't want NAV or DVD. Bought the Silver with charcoal. Debated endlessly about one of the new '05 colors but in the end it was silver that I really wanted. Was even able to get one that hadn't been test driven yet. Another nice thing is that this dealer doesn't put a stupid dealer sticker on the vehicle (which I'd then have them remove), just the license plate frame which I can remove. Putting it at the dealer later this week to have XM radio "installed" - was wondering if anybody had any takes on why I shouldn't do this (excepting the argument about XM vs Sirius) but anything else.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
Glad you got your MO. Do the Sat yourself.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Congratualtions. I bought mine just about a week and a half ago and think it's one of the best decisions I've made. I guess I'm not in my vehicle enough to justify the XM but it sounds pretty cool.:cool:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Congratulations on your new MO, Michael!

I know what you mean about picking the color. I was all set to order a Platinum MO (nice!)...until I went to a showroom and saw a Midnight Blue Pearl/Cafe Latte Leather MO! HAD to have it, so that's what I ordered. :4:

Again, congrats!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Congrats...

You'll love it no matter what the color...Our 05 SE 3 weeks old and is amazing although it's hard to tell the color since I keep it garaged in dim light and clean it daily. :p

·
Registered
23 Posts
Re: Congrats...

Jay said:
You'll love it no matter what the color...Our 05 SE 3 weeks old and is amazing although it's hard to tell the color since I keep it garaged in dim light and clean it daily. :p
I thought my husband was the only one to do that. I have to keep it clean for Christmas. Waxed twice so far. Brought it home dec. 14

·
Registered
26 Posts
Wax...

Yes, I also have two coats of wax already....We're vacationing at the beach in Ca and ocean scum is my enemy. Try that Meguiars high gloss endurance tire gel on the tires...It's great.

·
5,100 Posts
WE are all nuts!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Challenge awaits...

MOreen is going to Costco today and the body side moulding has not arrived yet......Where will I park? :confused:

·
5,100 Posts
Finally I am at a loss for words. :D:eek:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just picked up my brand new '05 Murano.

It is sheer silver with all the bells and whistles, including NAV and DVD. Now I've got to figure out how everything works.

:jump3: :awais: :jump3: :awais:

·
Registered
72 Posts
New MO "Goldie"

Well, I went to my Nissan dealer to have some body side moulding and pin stripes applied to my 03 SL AWD. While there I mad the mistake of looking at a gold (chardoney) SE with everything. I walked away the first day but made the mistake of going back yesterday (12/23) with my wife and we walked out 3 hours later with a brand new 05 SE AWD with all the option packages. I got a good trade in for my SL AWD with 36 K miles and ended up with the new MO. The pin stripes and body side moulding were X-mas presents from my wife. She told me I have to get the body side moulding and pin stripes this week for the new MO, she really doesn't want me to buy a new Mo in another 2 years. I do love it though. Rides better (I think) than the SL and I'm a gadget guy so I love all the new toys.

Marc:2:

·
Registered
263 Posts
05 loaded

I was up till 2 am waxing and cleaning.It snowed and what a mess all the salt and dirt On monday the high was 12 today it was 55 Friday. I have 05 all toys and Loving it The back up camera is cool

Mid Blue 3 weeks old 1000 miles

GO MO

·
Registered
74 Posts
Congrats on your new MO's.
You'll luv em.

·
Registered
26 Posts
mtezlaft

Also have the 05 in Chardonnay and have the body side moulding laying on the floor. Install will be tomorrow after I research exactly how far down to put it and how much of a space for the door openings to leave.......Can you believe we decided on black on Chardonnay? But the rack on the top and trim on the bottom is black, so our MOreen is going to have a MOscular look.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'd be interested to see a picture of the gold MO with the black body side mouldings. I'm thinking that I want the color keyed moulding like I had on my silver Mo for all of one day. ;)

Marc

·
Registered
26 Posts
Pix this week

Have to find a metal shop that has an anvil type cutter to cut my moulding at the door angles I want. I practiced on the extra length and can't get enough of an angle with sheers or razor.

·
5,100 Posts
mtezlaft! Congrats, ANOTHER RE-PETE MO Owner! Wonder how many there are now? 05 is greater.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks Don; I walked away the first day but when the wife said go ahead, it was a done deal. I'm being a pest with the dealership by requireing them to put the same stuff on my new MO as I had on the old MO. That's a sunroof wind deflector, rear bumper guard, dash cover, as well as adding the pinstripe tape and getting the aftermarket colored body side moulding and installing it. Hopefully done in 2 weeks or so since they have to special order (huh?) some of the stuff.

Marc

·
5,100 Posts
Good for you! Now new pictures will be in order. Maybe you can do a twins photo. Happy New year!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts