Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took a mountain drive this weekend in
my 2005 SE FWD Murano. This was the
first chance I had to push it a little. No wife, kids and happy meals. Just highway

I found that the transmission/engine felt
like it was a connected to a rubder band.
It was bouncing during acceleration.

It was worse in manual shift mode, but I
still felt it in D.

Has anyone else felt this?

Ken D.

·
5,244 Posts
I think it is normal feeling. The CVT is constantly adjusting. I drove many times through mountains and I have to say I love CVT in mountains. It always knows what ratio to select. I have 03 SL. Oh, and I did not have to use Ds, D did very well.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I think the "rubber band" is a good analogy. Here in Portland I am going up and down hills all the time and I do feel that effect when going up a hill. I haven't been too concerned about it.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I "think " I know what he is talking about (Just did the blue Ridge Parkway).
The point is, the speed remains the same with the most efficient use of the motor and tranny.

Try it with a Ford Explorer.
The thing will downshift and race the motor, etc and still not maintain speed in the mountains.

Homer

·
5,244 Posts
Homer,

as you I did Blure Ridge Parkway, and Georgia Mountains, and New Mexico mountains , and Colorado mountains. And Murano did great. Yes, the CVT did adjust the ratio, but somehow we never had a problem with maintaining the speed and the engine felt "easy", if you know what I mean. It always amazes me how great Murano does in the mountains. Or that just me. Switching it to Ds makes it much more responsive.

I guess one needs to adjust the feeling when going from "classic" tranny to CVT.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts