1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
IT says that this unit contains NO element converting material, what is it a empty pipe?

·
My MO's faster than yours
444 Posts
That looks like a prettier version of what I bought.

I just replaces it with a 12" glasspack resonator. It took out the raspyness of my exhaust note. Heres a pic of it in the process of being installed.

Ohh it it was only $30 at a local exhaust shop.

·
My MO's faster than yours
444 Posts
GripperDon said:
IT says that this unit contains NO element converting material, what is it a empty pipe?
Its says..."this is a high flow resonator" ....I'm bettings its a glasspack..

·
5,100 Posts
You are probably right. Are you happy with the sound? Did it get any louder, I would love to have the resources to do rear wheel dyno runs on all these things and see the difference if any. Thanks GRIP :D

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Performance increase if any would be marginal. In order to show real performance increase, you would need headers, and a true dual catback exhaust from one end to the other. And then, you would need to open up the air intake system, by finding a location to add a second air box and the necessary Y piping. The 300Z had a dual head Jim Wolf to increase airflow directly replacing the stock air box, but there ain't much room in the MO. And then, the ECU would need to be reprogrammed in order to take advantage of the better flowing capacity of the system. Then, a dyno run would probably show some interesting numbers. Otherwise, why bother for 5 HPs over 245? I mean, what does a 2% improvement show in a dyno run?

·
5,100 Posts
I think you are right. Guess thats why I have never done any of those things. They do appeal to my physic and I love doing stuff. I wonder whatever happened to the turn signal rear view mirrors? GRIP :D

·
Registered
50 Posts
The hp gains will always be marginal on any intake/exhaust upgrade until it is complimented with a good ECU tune.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
Dyno runs are pretty far from realistic numbers. The conditions are very different from real world. And you're telling me you wouldn't want better throttle response, even if it only comes from 5hp over 245?

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Honestly, I do not use the already existing 245 so I really couldn't care less for 5 more... If I want to use and abuse a ride, I'll get a specifically designed one for the job. The MO has a 16+ to 1 weight/power ratio and it's standing way too high for any serious cornering. My kind of fun is usually a ride under 10 to 1 w/p ratio.

To get there with a MO, you would need to add 155 hp to the stock ones so yes, I still sincerely believe that your throttle response increase feeling is going to your ears and not to your wheels. Been there, done that. I've seen (and paid for) what it takes to do the job properly and a little piece of tubing here and there usually makes the power inversely proportional to the amount of noise.

But I do agree with you that any car without a muffler does sound much faster, and all Neon, Golf or Civic ... owners do know about this fact.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts