Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had driver rear caliper changed...30 mins later... brake light and battery light came on..

may be a alternator issues...but i want to know if it can be another issue other than that before i get new alternator..

trouble shooting and going thru process of illumination

·
Super Moderator
8,818 Posts
Don't go throwing parts at it without testing.

First, check voltage across the battery terminals with a multimeter while it's running. If it's under 14V when you first start it, you probably have an alternator problem. The charging system is smart enough that after the engine has been running for a few minutes it may reduce the charge rate to slightly under 14V if the battery is fully charged.

I'm not sure what "going through process of illumination" means. Does it involve beer?

And the book of Troubleshooting in the gospel from Nissan says to always read the codes before sending money.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks...oh, started it up, got down the street to jump on the highway and went with my better judgement...went back home. Parked and the abs light came on , lights started flickering then it lost power in driveway and died..wont crank up now..like battery is dead.. so i guess it was alternator...

thanks to this forum, i was at home and not driving.. because i read that it xould lose power and completely die on highway...

Safety always FIRST!!

thanks Guys!

Oh, now im gonna have that beer!

may drink 2 more when i find out the price on the alternator and labor 🤦🏾‍♂️

·
Super Moderator
8,818 Posts
My suggestion: first, charge the battery up, then try the voltage tests I described above. You are still just guessing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts