Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my 2003 shop manual, it says the order in which to bleed the calipers are, get this: Back right, front left, rear left, front right. That is a TOTALLY alien order compared to ANY other car I've dealt with. Can somebody with a newer verison of the manual confirm this insanity? For ease of look-up, the page on my 2003 manual is BR-12....

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
The '05 manual recommends the same sequence.

-njjoe

Attachments

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
It is quite possible we may be reading more into this than what they (Nissan) intended.

There is no warning or notice in the directions that tell us to strictly adhere to the sequence. If it was that critical I would expect they would alert us to not deviate from the sequence.

I would think if you took your MO to the local Midas shop they would bleed the brakes in whatever sequence that was convenient to them.

I may be wrong.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

-njjoe

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
I bled it in the order specified by the FSM. No problems whatsoever. I used a Motive PowerBleeder for the job. Super easy with the ATE super blue (color change tells you its done).

I did notice though, the rear bleed valves use a smaller nut than the front ones. The rear one is *really* small.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts