Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what type of brake fluid to use for 2nd Gen 2010 Murano? I bought this from a private party and don't have the history if it was converted from Dot3 to Dot4 per recall?? It looks fairly new with a slight orange tint to it.

I'm going all in with all four Powerstop brakes & rotors, ($199) and AutoZone Brand calipers ($138) that I'm going to paint red using G2 paint kit.

(Power stop calipers are over $500 for all four after core-charge and not in my budget)

·
Super Moderator
7,624 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
When the dealer changed my brake fluid for the recall they also changed the cap which says which fluid is in the system

·
Registered
159 Posts
It;'s DOT4.

There was a recall. Nissan will replace your DOT3 for DOT4 for free.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Not a new recall. I had mine done months ago. The new fluid is supposed to raise the travel the brake pedal makes so your not feeling like you have a low pedal. I didn’t notice any real change.

·
Registered
599 Posts
When the dealer changed my brake fluid for the recall they also changed the cap which says which fluid is in the system
Could you give me the part number of the cap if it say's DOT 4 on it? I'm flushing my brakes in the near future and am upgrading to DOT 4 and would like to change the cap to indicate the change.

Part number might be on the cap itself, or on the invoice when they did the recall. Thanks for any info.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Paulday: like your under body lighting look. What did you you use? Still have to add a front bumper cam and proximity sensors and may add under body lighting when I do these other additions.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Paulday: like your under body lighting look. What did you you use? Still have to add a front bumper cam and proximity sensors and may add under body lighting when I do these other additions.
I used these leds:

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IGN3UM2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

I used something similar for the switch, controlling a 12 volt relay:

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SQRL67V/ref=sspa_dk_detail_7?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B07SQRL67V[/ame]

Have a good day.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
9 Participants
PaulDay
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing