Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
5,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious, has anybody replaced brake pads? If so at what mileage? Who did the job? What was the replacement pads?

Eric, you do not need to reply :D :D

·
Registered
842 Posts
Kris said:
Just curious, has anybody replaced brake pads? If so at what mileage? Who did the job? What was the replacement pads?

Eric, you do not need to reply :D :D
Kris
Just replaced my pads at 70,000 Kms and the by the look of them they probably could have lasted another 25000 Kms. I unfortunately bought after market pads( I cheapen out) that I am really disappointed with for the dust and the noise (grinding) they generate.

I am planning to replace them again with ceramic pads once I get back from holidays next month. I contacted tirerack on their OEM ceramic pads and they do deliver into Canada and at a better price than the dealership.

I regards to mileage as a guide to replacing pads, I believe that it all depends on the driver and whether or not it is city or highways miles.

·
5,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stoker,

you are right with regards to milage. I just checked Murano and FX yesterday. Murano - 53k miles and FX - 32k. Murano pads are in much better shape! I guess two things - CVT and highway driving.

Based on your experience I would not go for anything else but ceramic pads...

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
I had to replace my rear pads at 75,000km. I used Nissan pads again (the squeal never came back after they were changed!).

My front pads are expected to last to nearly 150,000km. I engine brake a lot. I expect the rears wore out due to the excess dirt that is thrown onto them by the front wheels.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Tyler_Canada said:
I had to replace my rear pads at 75,000km. I used Nissan pads again (the squeal never came back after they were changed!).

My front pads are expected to last to nearly 150,000km. I engine brake a lot. I expect the rears wore out due to the excess dirt that is thrown onto them by the front wheels.
Tyler
Did you get your rotors measured(Mic) to see if there was much wear. I agree that the pads should make it to 150,000Km but will the rotor stand up.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I replaced my rear pads at just over 50,000 miles. The wear sensor started dragging. The fronts are around 40-50% worn. It was one of the easiest pad replacements I have done. I had my 11yr old son help. I ordered ceramic pads for kicks from Kragen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts