Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Murano is approaching 40K miles and it seems that I will have to look for new brake pads. Questions to all who have the pads replaced or are to do it shortly.

1. Are you going to use OEM or aftermarket pads. If aftermarket, what brand, type and WHY?

2. Are you going to do it self or have a dealer deal with it?

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Already ordered Porterfield R4S front and rear. In fact, going to pick it up at the UPS warehouse in a few hours. Reasons? They grab harder so I stop quicker - pads are also very rotor friendly. When I ordered I managed to negotiate a group rate discount of 20% of this forum, so if you want to get in on the deal, check the "group deals" forum for details.

Also picked up a Motive Power Bleeder and a couple can of ATE Super Blue, so I plan to do a completely brake fluid flush when I do the pads as well. Rotors still look fine so I will wait before changing them. If I remember, I'll take pictures along the way and post them in the maintenance forum when I'm done.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Kris - I got a free front brake job in Feb when the dealer applied the TSB to fix the reversing squeeking! :D

That was at about 28k so I don't have to worry about it for awhile & I don't have the embarrising squeeking each morning! :eek:

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
KSmurano said:
Kris - I got a free front brake job in Feb when the dealer applied the TSB to fix the reversing squeeking! :D

That was at about 28k so I don't have to worry about it for awhile & I don't have the embarrising squeeking each morning! :eek:
I actually tried to get the dealer to do the TSB on my brakes, except I get noise only when going forward. No dice...

·
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No luck here........no noise........no squeaking......just pure pleasure of applying brakes and watching the eyeball of drivers behind jumping out……:D.

Seriously I have been extremely happy with the brakes…….just looking for different options now. This time, given my experience with the Yokohamas, I want somebody else do the R&D. Or more R than D…
:D

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Kris said:
No luck here........no noise........no squeaking......just pure pleasure of applying brakes and watching the eyeball of drivers behind jumping out……:D.

Seriously I have been extremely happy with the brakes…….just looking for different options now. This time, given my experience with the Yokohamas, I want somebody else do the R&D. Or more R than D…
:D
The porterfields are performance pads which may dust more than the stock ceramics. Alternatives to the stock type pads would be:

Akebono ProAct ceramic
EBC Greenstuff (sold at Courtesy)

Wagner, Raybestos, and Bendix also make good premium brake pads as well. But if you liked stock, then why not stick with stock?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts