Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my Murano for only two weeks (80 miles) and the brakes/rotors are crap. When I apply the brakes to slow down, the steering wheel shakes and the car wobbels.

Going to the dealer to get it looked at in a few days.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yea I'd definately have that checked out. I haven't heard of this problem in a MO before and certainly haven't experienced it. GL

·
5,268 Posts
There have been some complaints about this in the past, isolated though.

Take it to the dealer. Let them deal with it.

·
Major Geek
638 Posts
Saw it even on the test drive. Bought it anyway. I don't think it happens every time, but it tends to happen more frequently when slowing from very high rates of speed. It doesn't extend my stopping distance, and when I really mash the brakes it goes away.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I had the same issue... final result was the turned the rotors.... no more vibrations since.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Wobble

I had the steering wheel "wobble" two or three times, by the time my appointment came up at the service dept. It had quit. I noticed it when attempting to slow down in traffic from @ 40mph. I also had the steering wheel wobble at speeds @60mph. Service Dept. Re-balanced all of my wheels and have not had it since. There are a couple of known problems with the rotors on the Mo. Some early warping. Have the Service Dept. Check it out.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
While you are at the dealership have them also inspect the steering rack bolts and make sure they are torqued to spec - there is a TSB for this.

As for the brake shudder, I would guess its warped rotors from overly enthusiastic test drives, with the salesmen telling the customers to slam on the brakes to test the brake assist.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Just spoke with the Nissan service tech. and the Pathfinder Armada as well as the Titan are the ones having the biggest problems with brake pulsation. He said the Murano had it as well, but not just as much. They were replacing the rotors with new ones here.

·
Major Geek
638 Posts
Eric L. said:
As for the brake shudder, I would guess its warped rotors from overly enthusiastic test drives, with the salesmen telling the customers to slam on the brakes to test the brake assist.
Funny, that's precisely what happened on my test drive. Since I do a lot of highway driving, I'm not about to buy a car that I can't test drive on the highway. During the test drive, he expected me to stay on relatively local streets, getting on a pretty fast 3/4 mile stretch of highway nearby, and then threw him by getting on route 95 south! I got out onto the highway and had it up to about 85 or so. As we were rapidly approaching the exit for his dealer, he said, "when you get a chance, try to get into loose gravel and slam the brakes. you'll be amazed." (I was, of course :) )

1 - 10 of 10 Posts