Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know that this has been an ongoing issue,
i hear a squeak when i back up for the first time in the morning as i apply the brakes, but is fine after that.
are there and resolutions to this?

-Nerf

·
Registered
70 Posts
morning dew

my MO does it as well, I assume it is just that the morning weather that makes the brakes make that squeeling noise, possibly cause they have a bit of dew on them. On a lot of cars if look in the morning or if they have been sitting a while will get a bit of a rust look to them ,that is just cause they get dew on them and sitting there makes it rust a bit, nothing to worry about it goes away when you drive. You get small metalic flakes on the pads and they pick up the moisture in the air and rust over a bit, but with the next drive they disappear.

·
El Pomidoro!
30 Posts
I had the brakes squeek for several months. I stomped (and held) on the brakes intentionally a couple times at low speeds (~20-25mph) to see what the ABS was like and haven't heard a peep out of them since (~1 week). Hope this helps.

Leo

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Same issue here... about 4 sqeaks when leaving the diveway each day going forward.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Someone correct me if I am wrong but brake squeak noises are caused by vibration of the pad between the disk and the cylinder. Permatex and few other companies make spray on mastic which I always used to spray on the back of my new brakes pads before assembly. I have never had any squeaky brakes after using this method but I notice most auto manufacturers tend to use plastic shims and springs to accomplish the same ends.

Any comments from the master mechanics in the forum ?

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
eager said:
Someone correct me if I am wrong but brake squeak noises are caused by vibration of the pad between the disk and the cylinder. Permatex and few other companies make spray on mastic which I always used to spray on the back of my new brakes pads before assembly. I have never had any squeaky brakes after using this method but I notice most auto manufacturers tend to use plastic shims and springs to accomplish the same ends.

Any comments from the master mechanics in the forum ?
I usually do my own brake jobs, and I always use the factory shims along with the brake goo (red or blue) grease to prevent squeaking. Nissan used to employ "anti-rattling" springs on their brake pads, although that has been discontinued. I did not notice any dried up goo on the Murano's pad backings, so my guess is the setup relies on the factory shims alone to prevent noise. Apparently it does not work!

I will try the sudden stop method to see if it cures my brake squeaking.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts