Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
5,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brakes are again developing slight judder. I may go to a dealer but right now I am thinking about getting rid of Nissan rotors and getting something that will not need resurfacing that often.

Any suggestions? Anybody out there with experience with third party rotors?

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
I have some in mine as well....have always had it in every car I've owned, to a degree. Right now it isn't that bad so I am waiting. I only have 24k on it.
Kris, all I can find online is OEM and EBC. Something peculiar though, the rotors had a part number specifically for build years 2002-03/2004----A different one for those built afterwards.
hmmmm

chart

·
5,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ye, I also found OEM and EBC (expensive!). I am not sure if slotted and drilled rotors are that good.

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
Kris said:
Ye, I also found OEM and EBC (expensive!). I am not sure if slotted and drilled rotors are that good.
IF I want to get a aftermarket rotor, i will go with slotted.
It is good enough to disipate heat and water when raining.

Cross drilled rotors are excellent upgrade if only the process to drill them is done correctly. This commonly translate to $$$$ like the Brembo brand for example.

Just my 2 cents. ;)

·
5,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SugarRushMurano said:

Just my 2 cents. ;)
Sugar,
I am affraind 2c are not enough....:D

·
Nissan Enthusiast
194 Posts
I had to have my MO rotors resurfaced 3 times and the car only had 14k on it. This is one of those problems that Nissan does not want to acknowledge. I dont know if is the rotor material or some other factor.

·
Major Geek
636 Posts
same here..

Its nuts. I had mine done under TSB at 36k miles. Then the car sat for a winter, and I had to get them resurfaced to get rid of all the rust after the winter was over.

Now, I've actually had a commutable assignment since the beginning of the year, and just had to get them resurfaced again, 20k miles after the rust-removal. The service guy said its because I've never heated up the brakes as much as I have this year (35 miles of highway, stop n go, and curvy roads thru the woods each way). He resurfaced the rotors gratis, and ordered some special hardware kit that will apparently prevent the rotor damage he has seen repeatedly occur on my car.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Best rotors I've ever used were cryo treated Brembo blanks (i.e. non slotted or crossdrilled) rotors from Porterfield. I have them on my Maxima along with the Porterfield carbon-kevlar RS4 pads and they have never warped even under heavy braking (which the RS4 pads excel at - it will be the firmest brake pedal you've ever had). They have them in pretty much every size and may even be able to custom make them for your order (although since the Maxima and FX have the same rotors, they prob have it in stock). I would not recommend el cheapo ebay slotted or drilled rotors.

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
cryo treatment is a cool thing. They use it on gun barrels for more accuracy through a round of shooting; they tend not to change their shape (warp) or whip as much.
So it doesn't surprise me it would benifit a rotor in the same way.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts