Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been toying with this idea for quite some time now and would like to get everyone's opinion/suggestions on this.

I've been thinking of upgrading the braking system on the MO with Brembo ones from a track model 350Z or a G35. To include some two-piece Drilled/Slotted Brembo rotors. Do you think that this would be a direct swap over, or would there have to be some custom pieces made to be able to fit the new calipers?

Ideas/Suggestions from the gallery please!?

·
Registered
781 Posts
I would guess it would be different since the Murano is FWD and the G/Z are both RWD.

Not that I want to keep anyone from trying anything new and innovative - but the Murano brakes are pretty kick arse from the factory.

·
Registered
28 Posts
After driving my 02 GTI with stock brakes, Audi TT brakes, then Brembo GT kit 13" brakes.. I can say the Murano needs better braking. At least a firmer pedal feel.

I am going to budget route, as I can buy piece by piece as budget allows.

There is the Stoptech kit made for the Mo, but costs about $2595
Front 14" brake kit with 4-piston ST-40 calipers and floating 355mm x 32mm slotted rotors

Or you could go budget and just get
Stoptech lines front $83
Stoptech lines rear $70
ATE Super Blue brake fluid $12 a bottle
EBC Slotted and Drilled rear rotors $175
EBC Slotted and Drilled front rotors $225
Hawk HPS pads front approx $80
Hawk HPS pads rear approx $80

Total $725 plus shipping.

Rotors
http://www.car-stuff.com/cs_products/nissan~murano~brake_rotors~vpp-mmp~csp43b4504c12c03.html

Fluid
http://outmotoring.com/ate_super_blue_brake_fluid.html

Stoptech Lines
http://www.zeckhausen.com/Nissan/Murano.htm

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
OnTheGreen-

One of the forum moderators, Eric L., upgraded his MO's brakes by installing Porterfield R4S pads and ATE Superblue brake fluid. I believe he claimed this gave him a firmer pedal feel and better overall braking.

Do a forum search on Porterfield or check with Eric L. for the details.

-njjoe

·
Registered
485 Posts
To firm the peddle, get SS brake lines. If it's REALLY infirm, flush your brake fluid.

·
Registered
28 Posts
njjoe said:
OnTheGreen-

One of the forum moderators, Eric L., upgraded his MO's brakes by installing Porterfield R4S pads and ATE Superblue brake fluid. I believe he claimed this gave him a firmer pedal feel and better overall braking.

Do a forum search on Porterfield or check with Eric L. for the details.

-njjoe
Sounds great and just right.

I have driven other cars with the Stoptech kit, and it is really nice, but too much $$ to spend.

Thanks for the info

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Still loving the Porterfields. Get the R4S pads, which are suitable for street driving. They dust more than stock, but not excessively.

If you call Porterfield, ask for "Wendy" and mention NissanMurano.org - she will give you a 20% discount.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts