Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I am a pretty new member here but have browsed for quite some time as the end of my pathfinder lease slowly approached. I wanted to thank everyone for all of your insightful info that you have posted here and to tell you that I am now a pround owner of a new Murano. The details:

05 SE
Merlot Exterior
Charcoal Interior
Touring Package
VDC Package
Spash Guards
Floor Mats
Cargo area protector
Roof Rail Crossbars

all at $150 over Invoice delivered on Thursday December 30th, 2004. Used the 3% financiing Nissan was so kind to offer at the end of the year for us. Gotta love making deals at the end of the year! Negotiations were pretty smooth. I have to say that I am just blown away by the luxury of this vehicle. My inlaws have a Lexus RX 300 and this is definitely on the same level for thousands less. What a beautiful Car. Thanks again everyone!

·
4,601 Posts
Congrats! Yeah the Lexus costs more, doesn't look as cool and doesn't have a CVT.

Feel sorry for them.:D

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Just don't post pictures of that Merlot.:cool:

That is my favorite color and I don't need to trade my Murano for a different color...............:rolleyes:

Homer

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Best of luck with your purchase. My MO's one year birthday is this week. At this time a year ago, I had tuned into this board looking to make sure my choice was the correct one. Everyone has some doubts, did I make the right choice and stuff like that. I can report that I have had a pretty smooth ride with just a couple of little quirks. Still lovin the MO a year later. Glad I bought it.
Good luck and stay tuned on this board for great info.
Bob1

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
You are smart when you "Go with the MO!" :D

·
Registered
261 Posts
NatasG said:
Hello Everyone,

I am a pretty new member here but have browsed for quite some time as the end of my pathfinder lease slowly approached. I wanted to thank everyone for all of your insightful info that you have posted here and to tell you that I am now a pround owner of a new Murano. The details:

05 SE
Merlot Exterior
Charcoal Interior
Touring Package
VDC Package
Spash Guards
Floor Mats
Cargo area protector
Roof Rail Crossbars

all at $150 over Invoice delivered on Thursday December 30th, 2004. Used the 3% financiing Nissan was so kind to offer at the end of the year for us. Gotta love making deals at the end of the year! Negotiations were pretty smooth. I have to say that I am just blown away by the luxury of this vehicle. My inlaws have a Lexus RX 300 and this is definitely on the same level for thousands less. What a beautiful Car. Thanks again everyone!

Good deal I paid 750.00 under invoice in NY loaded all the toys Welcome to the MO Place

GO MO

·
4,994 Posts
I agree about the Lexus and you have MOre goodies also.

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
Do you think lexus is a bit overpriced?

I am talking about the rx330 especially. They start at $35K base but if you shop for one, you can hardly find a base RX330.Every lexus dealer, will sell you an RX that is around $40K+ on the road.

It is a great car and lexus means toyota reliability, but the next class of lexus suv is the GX and it is around $50K.
Too small of a gap between rx and gx class, IMHO. This leads to lexus vs lexus model canibalizm, agree?

·
4,994 Posts
I have a friend with the Lexus RX330 and a brother in-law with the GX they are both overpriced and IMHO are not "That much better" than the MO. They have both had problems to be sure. With all the *****ing other than the alternator I think the MO is well designed and built. The alt was definitely a design goof and the PS was a related debatable problem. Rattles, They both have then also. Part of the problem is being an "Early adopter" I had that proble with having the first 2000 S class Mercedes in AZ, AC was junk and it took them 3 model years to get it fixed and it's somewhat marginal now. I grant mine is not the only opinion on those areas and other may be better than mine but they are mine.

·
Registered
74 Posts
CONGRATS

new MO Owners. Welcome to the forum.

Enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well 500 carefully driven miles have gone by and I have to say that I am lovin' this vehicle more and more every day. What a great car! I am so happy with my decision. I cannot wait to open up the engine though. I have been trying to keep the RPMs below 3000.

How long did everyone else wait to see how she runs up at the high end?

I was thinking of waiting until 1200 or 1500 miles...

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I didn't accelerate very hard until 1200 miles and then not often until I got to 1500 and decided to drive normally after that.

As to breakin and rpms, I would often just bump the CVT over to Ds.
I wouldn't give it any more gas at all, just more RPMS. For maybe 5-10 seconds and then back to D.
I really believe in moving the RPMs around during breakin.

It is probably more important to break in the brakes more carefully than the engine these days, but it's an old habit and I have never had a severe engine problem in 50 years of driving and yes I drive hard once the breakin is done.

Homer

1 - 13 of 13 Posts