Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!
I've been reading this forum for... long time.
I know almost everyone and everyone's car.
And finally today I became a "real" member of this forum:
just bought a brand new 2004 SL AWD black Murrrrrrrrano!!!
Boy, am I happy???
Well, in two words: everything, I repeat everything but DVD
enter. system for $34,000 (MSRP $37,710) at Route 23 Auto mall,
Butler, NJ. I had been sending e-mails since last Monday, and the
best offer I got was 34,800 from Fisher Nissan, Bergenfield , NJ.
This morning I received an e-mail from Joe Navarra with matching
price of $34,000. Well, it wasn’t as painful as I would expect.
However, they got me on etching thingy…in order to give me 3.74% APR.
Anyway there was not any advertisement fee nor floor plan fee and so on.
Everything went pretty smoothly, and in two hours deal was done.
The car is being washed as I type this post. I’m going with a neighbor of mine
to pick it up in an hour.
One more thing: This forum rules!!!

:2::2:

·
5,268 Posts
Enjoy! It is a great vehicle!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a lot.
Yep, I will.
1st thing is going to be ugly, but I have no choice:Waag frontrunner and rear bumper guard. I work in New York City so bumpers will go first.

http://waag.com/showroom/178.php

Second but not least: SAT! should I mention Jak???:2:

·
Registered
487 Posts
I like the back bumper 'push bar'

The front is more ugly, though :/

But you're right, you will need them in bumperville.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
Congrats on the MO!

I wouldnt mind getting a bumper guard if there was something out there for the MO that was sharp, but its odd shape makes it hard to match the perfection that it already is!

ENJOY!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey, this thing runs very fast . I just put 100 Miles on my baby, and I like it very much. However, I just noticed the steering wheel is off center(kinda 11 o'clock) and that tire warning thingy is blinking.
Should I call to set up wheel alignment?:2:

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
Do you have tire pressure sensors on your MO? Check your pressures. Maybe one wheel is low on air? You never know. You might have a flat.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep, I do have tire pressure monitoring system. However, I am not able to display the actual pressure. How do I do that?
All I can access is the Tire Pressure screen with***** instead of numbers.:2:

·
Registered
34 Posts
wrt the off center streering wheel, take it to the dealer for an alignment. i had the same problem and thought it was related to the loose rack tsb. however, it turns out to be the front wheels were out of alignment slightly. easy adjustment and now it is perfect. this is not abnormal to new cars though.
oh btw, congrats on your new rig !!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey, thank you.
Well, I will have to take it back. I just don't wanna be anal:
Just bought the car and back on the next day...
Anyways, I love it:)
Any ideas how to initialize tire pressure system?

·
Registered
834 Posts
Thinking back it seemed like mine did this too, had to drive for a bit and then it displayed the pressure.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Alignment being off from delivery is common, have the dealer align it. Also make sure it doesn't pull left or right. If the steering wheel center changes on you, first left then right or you hear a thunk when turning, that is probably the steering rack loose bolt TSB mentioned by familyman.

After driving for a couple minutes all the pressures should be indicated, if they stay stars no matter how long you drive, take it to the dealer, only the dealer can register/calibrate the TPMS...unless of course you have a $4000 consult II. The alarm will also sound if tire pressure gets too low, as it gets colder the tire pressure will drop so you will have to add.

Don't worry about being anal, make the dealer do his job. If they don't satisfy you, call 1-800-NISSAN1 and keep on them until you are. And keep a record, all receipts, dates and times etc.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Service day 1

I just dropped my Murrrrano by my dealer, for wheel alignment and TPMS initiation/registration, on this morning.At 4:00 p.m. got a call they will have to keep it longer.The only thing was mentioned was TPMS is not operational some parts have been ordered. Not a word on what went wrong with the TPMS.
I do hope they will explain it to me in plain English language.
Have you guys ever driven a Ford Focus? Well I have now...just parked this "loaner" as far as possible from my house. What an embarrassment!
Only now, after spending a day in the loaner I do appreciate my lovely 300M.
:confused:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Front runner is still in production

Well, you should try it here:
http://www.autoanything.com/grilleguard_brushguard_waag_talandhadas/default.asp
However, be prepared to wait for at least three weeks.
The Murrrrano is so spanky new they had to preoder the production/manufacturing .
I just got an update from autoanything.com: there is a wait for
at least two weeks.
p.s. Rear thingy wasn't a problem at all. It seats in warenhouse awaiting the front thingy to be fabricated.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Thanks a bunch. They don't seem to be expensive compared to others I have seem. I think I will order those for my MO. I am paranoid about fender-benders.

·
Registered
104 Posts
first off

first off congrats on the MO purchase. i know exactly how you feel about being able to post as "one of the guys". i just got mine about 2 weeks ago.

i went and got the alignment fixed today. i guess its a common thing. and the whole thud thing with the turn of the steering wheel. is that common? i brought it in for the alignment at 6:00 am, and forgot to mention the thud, thinking they would just fix it right away.
got the car back and the alignment is on, but the thud is sort of still there (sometimes it thuds, sometimes it doesn't)

next off...i live in NYC, aka bumperville too. so naturally i was looking into get the grill guards. i saw the waag ones, but i was wondering what ppl thought. the grill guard or the nudge bar? and how much did you get the waag grill guard for? and where did you get it installed?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts