Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new 05 has about 800 miles on it and I'm still breaking her in. I'm taking her on a long trip (~7 hours each way) next week. Some of the route is over a few mountain passes, but most of it will be highway straightaway.

Should I do anything special like break up the highway driving so that I'm not driving a constant 80mph? I thought I read in the manual that prolonged driving at high speed isn't good for the break-in.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Hamish said:
My new 05 has about 800 miles on it and I'm still breaking her in. I'm taking her on a long trip (~7 hours each way) next week. Some of the route is over a few mountain passes, but most of it will be highway straightaway.

Should I do anything special like break up the highway driving so that I'm not driving a constant 80mph? I thought I read in the manual that prolonged driving at high speed isn't good for the break-in.
Drop it into Ds (if it's an SL) or manual mode (if it's an SE) once in a while to vary the RPMs?

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
At 800 miles its likely your engine is already broken in. Just drive normally and you will be fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts