Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After taking delivery of my our Copper treasure ten days ago, my wife and daughter headed for Lawrence Kansas for the ultimate Girls Fast Pitch Softball Tournament. They've been there for a week, and today are the championship games.

Tonight I got a call from them. My wife was pretty excited, so I thought they were the champs. No, they were excited because some butt head :3: smashed the passenger window and stole both of their purses, among other things. Seems these were not very experienced butt heads, as they must have tried a crow bar along the door edge before the broke the window.

Passive alarm? No one heard it. I'll be checking to see if it works when they get back home tomorrow morning.

On the positive side our team is in the final game. If they win, they will be the champs. If they lose, they will have a huge second place trophy.

·
5,268 Posts
I feel sory for you.................hope the damage is not extensive and easily reparable........

I hope the offenders will get caught.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
The Murano's factory alarm only activates if the door is unlocked without the key or factory remote. Smashing the window will not trigger the alarm, unless they also unlock the door from the inside.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Sorry to hear that mommma. The thought of something like that happening to my mo makes me sick, thats why I just forked out some big bucks to upgrade my alarm. Gives me some piece of mind to know if my alarm is triggered it notfies my via the remote. Oh by the way nice exterior/interior color choice. :)

·
4,664 Posts
That sucks.... I wonder how they knew there were purses to be taken. They weren't in plain view were they?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Eric L. said:
The Murano's factory alarm only activates if the door is unlocked without the key or factory remote. Smashing the window will not trigger the alarm, unless they also unlock the door from the inside.

You can install a shock sensor on the hood pin. You will need a custom alarm installer to do this I have done this on many cars It can be a glass sensor or a shock sensor I own a audio and alarm as well as home theatere shop in the new york area if anybody needs any accessories for the MO let me know. Audio Video Digital interfaces.

Larry..

·
4,664 Posts
Now that's a simple, and great idea!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts