Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi. I own a 2006 Nissan Murano and the engine gave out. My husband has been rebuilding the engine. We have replaced he heads and the transfer case along with seals, axles and bearings. My question is do we need to run a break in oil or additive in it or does it not need it? My husband had rebuilt his engine in his truck and has worked on older vehicles before but the murano is a different beast than what he is used to. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
8,219 Posts
I'd say that most important is the rings and bearings - if they are original, you should be in good shape. If either was changed, I'd at least do a moderate 1000 mile break-in. It certainly wouldn't hurt you to do so.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The rings and bearings were all in good shape and didn't need to be replaced so they're original, neither was changed. Thank you for your reply, it was a big help.

·
Super Moderator
8,219 Posts
Just on general principles, use plenty of assembly lube on moving parts, and take it easy for a couple hundred miles after you start driving it again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts