Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tech question..........

oes our MO's come with a 'break-in sort of oil (assuming its NOT synthetic, for seating purposes, obviously)...

ifso, when is the BEST mileage/time to change it out??

700 miles , almost here......

thnx

ps- when togo to synthetic??? (or semi blend??)

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Also see this thread and that thread.

The answer is yes, but I can't prove it. On the Z we noticed oil pressure changes after first oil change. You should follow the manual for oil changes.

I change early on the first oil change, somewhere around 800 miles on both the Z and the MO. But that is probably not necessary with today's quality standards etc. I say probably because I'm not 100% convinced. Others are. And, I continue to break in after the 1200 mile Nissan stated "break-in period". Lots of folks follow the Nissan recommendations and have flawless performance. So as in all things, to each their own.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Also see this thread.

No, I changed to synth (Mobil 1 5W30) at 5000 for both the MO and the Z. Some folks wait until 10,000, some folks change at first oil change.

There is something else interesting. The operators manual for both the Z and the MO says Nissan recommends mineral based oil. I always found it odd that they didn't recommend synth. Anyhow, no problems running synth have ever been reported that I know of. But when we got our first Zs last year and we knew next to nothing about the engine, this concerned me. Turns out no concern. Some dealers don't carry synth and some do. Some people buy theirs at Wal-Mart and give it to their dealer to use when they go in for an oil change because it's cheaper.

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i think i'll change the BI oil out at 1K for more dino oil, then at about 2600 goto mobil one................

my bikes have been the same way... you gotta use dino oil till the piston seat well enough (even with nikasil lined cylinders...)... i would vary the rpms, and still get heavy on it, for breif spurts......

as of now, my gsxr makes a hair over 170bhp at the back tire, corrected...... (and is 15,709 grams lighter than oem)

:eek: :eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts