Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heya,

Now i did search, and found some good threads about how to correctly break in the MO, with varying speed and all that.

But, i read one post that spoke of using the D and DS and DL to vary the RPMS.. is that really all you need to do... instead of varying the speed?

Thanks,
Nick

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Nfilippelli said:
Heya,

Now i did search, and found some good threads about how to correctly break in the MO, with varying speed and all that.

But, i read one post that spoke of using the D and DS and DL to vary the RPMS.. is that really all you need to do... instead of varying the speed?

Thanks,
Nick
Nfilippelli-

Using D, Ds, and L to vary engine speed is not necessary. It is just another way to have fun with your MO. :roadtrip:

-njjoe

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Nfilippelli said:
Heya,

Thanks,
Nick

To answer your question, yes, that's all you need to do.

Just make sure that you are not accelerating when you do it.
Just keep the throttle steady and move the lever to Ds for a couple of minutes, then back. DL is not necessary.

Homer

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
IMHO I would suggest a little more than just putting it into Ds for a few minutes but rather drive as you normally would. (within limitations of the break period).

If you plan on using Ds to slow down then go ahead and use it to slow down. I don't remember the speed or RPM limitations (if any) but if you stay under them and drive "normally" (no jack rabbit starts) for the 1000 miles you are good to go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts