Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, our murano was broken into this weekend. and for some reason the nissan factory alarm didn't go off when they opened the car from the inside. isn't the horn supposed to start honking when the car is armed and then unlocked from the inside by hand and then opened?? has anyone else had a break in to there murano yet??

·
NO-MO-SNOW
891 Posts
as far as I know, the horn will not beep when this happens, when the car is 'armed' it is merely waiting for a key with the matching chip to be inserted into the car to start. Otherwise, I believe the 'alarm' is pretty much useless.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
nissanlove said:
isn't the horn supposed to start honking when the car is armed and then unlocked from the inside by hand and then opened?? has anyone else had a break in to there murano yet??
I had locked my leys in once (long story). And AAA came out and opened the car for me. As soon as they opened the right rear door, the horn started blaring and the lights flashed. I quickly grabbed my keys and turned off the alarm.

So, yes the horn should honk when not opened properly.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Yes with the alarm armed, the horn should go off if you the doors are unlocked without the key or remote.

Are you certain the alarm was armed? The lock cylinders are the kind which will not unlock with forced entry (tumbling cylinders or something like that). Did they break your window?

·
NO-MO-SNOW
891 Posts
Re: Re: Break In !!

MVTCFP said:

I had locked my leys in once (long story). And AAA came out and opened the car for me. As soon as they opened the right rear door, the horn started blaring and the lights flashed. I quickly grabbed my keys and turned off the alarm.

So, yes the horn should honk when not opened properly.
Awesome...going to have to try that. Sorry for the incorrect informaiton.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Break In !!

Snow MO said:

Awesome...going to have to try that. Sorry for the incorrect informaiton.

I think if you leave a window down, lock the MO with the fob, wait a few minutes and reach in and open the door, the alarm will sound. I'll demo that later and let ya know.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Wait a minute - how did AAA open the right rear door if it does not have a keyhole on it? Did they use a slimjim down the window sill?

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes they did break int he window. how come you have to wati a few minutes for the car to arm. that's totally crap. our old hyundai santa fe's standard factory alarm would arm right away. if you tried opening it from the inside without the key the horn and lights would start flashing. with our murano. the alarm works sometimes and not others. this is total crap. i mean i liek this car and all but all these little problems are becoming extremely annoying. we paid 40 thousand dollars and this is what we get, an alarm that works sometimes and a dealership that dosn't know anything about there vechicles. by the way, our dealership is the oldest in western canada. if not all of canada. i thought they would now something. extremely angry with this one. just got our window replaced today. now we have to tint it again. ahh the hassels the hassels. were at the dealership almost every 2 weeks with this car. not acceptable. maybe infiniti will be better.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
It takes between 30 seconds to 1 minute for the alarm to arm after you lock the doors with the remote.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
891 Posts
Eric L. said:
It takes between 30 seconds to 1 minute for the alarm to arm after you lock the doors with the remote.
I'm going to have to try that again later...I locked the car from inside today and opened the car about 5 seconds later and no alarm went off...guess i have to be more patient.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Snow MO said:

I'm going to have to try that again later...I locked the car from inside today and opened the car about 5 seconds later and no alarm went off...guess i have to be more patient.
Page 2-16 of the owners manual. ;)

·
NO-MO-SNOW
891 Posts
Eric L. said:

Page 2-16 of the owners manual. ;)
Sure...sure...I didn't read the homework assignment! But at least i found that little cup holder stabilizer thing on my own ;)

·
4,601 Posts
My Daughter's confirmed it works... Went into my In-Laws house for a few minutes and locked the doors with my daughter in it. (In the early spring, so no, I wasn't baking my daugter!) Then I hear the alarm go off, and yeah, she opened the door... Saw it, as I was still in view of the Murano from the front door of the house.

It's a habit to lock it when I walk away...
:p

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Eric L. said:
Wait a minute - how did AAA open the right rear door if it does not have a keyhole on it? Did they use a slimjim down the window sill?
They gave me the 5 minute until we arrive call. When I got to the parking lot, the kid had his "How to open up every car ever made" manual on his lap. This was the first MO that this driver ever had to open. The manual said to go in through the back passenger window. It really wasn't a slim jim, per se, it was a twisted wire device. Anyway, this kid was good. He slipped the wire between the window and the seal and a few jiggles later he had her open.

·
4,601 Posts
I've never seen them open it through the keyhole! CAA (the Canadian version of AAA, or should I say, C, eh, eh..) does it the same way when I've seen them do it. External key operation of the Lock? That's incidental...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts