Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,
can anyone help me to figure out my Mo's problem.
i have noticed that after driving for usually more then 30 minutes the "break warning light" goes on and stays on until i shut down the engine. after restarting the car, the light is off. this happens pretty much always, but only while driving at high speeds on the highways (avg.130-160 km/hr). as i'm very mechanically challenged, i don't really know where to start.
cheers for your help.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
onufry-

Please confirm that it is the "Brake Warning Lamp" and not the "ABS" lamp. An illuminated ABS warning lamp would require a trip to dealer.

The Brake Warning Lamp can mean one of two things: 1) you are low on brake fluid, or 2) the parking brake is on.

The first thing to check is the brake fluid reservoir. The reservoir is located adjacent to the firewall on the driver-side of the engine compartment. Make sure it is filled with DOT3 Brake Fluid up to the MAX line. (Be careful not to spill any of the brake fluid on the painted surface of your MO.)

-njjoe

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi njjoe,
it is a "break warning light"
the break fluid reservoir is full.

now as i think about it, the problems started after my april maintenance appointment with the local nissan dealer.
they told me that after the winter, 2 of my TPMS sensor were kaput. so they remove all them since i could not be reached to approve ordering new ones. i'm not sure that this has anythig to do with the light going on though...
cheers

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
onufry-

I do not believe the TPMS system would have any effect on the Brake Warning light. However, since the problem began right after your last maintenance visit it is possible the mechanic may have inadvertently done something which is causing the warning light to come on.

There is a black electrical connector on the bottom right-side of the brake fluid reservoir - make sure it is firmly seated into the mating connector.

-njjoe

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
As njjoe mentioned just check the braking brake. Engage and disengage encase it could be partial engaged.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi njjoe, gonzo
checking break helped a lot, i noticed that the light is not the one that comes on.
thanks for your help. i did check the manual again. my bad, i don't know how i missed it the first time. the warning light is actually the "Low Tire Pressure". well, for me looked similar. anyways, mechanic told me that he disabled this warning, i guess he did not.
at least i will not have sleepless nights after i see this warning on again.
cheers again

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
onufry-

At least you learned two things from this exercise - 1) how to diagnose any future problem when the Brake Warning light actually does come on, and 2) the Owner's Manual can be a very useful tool. I mean that. Many people overlook the manual.

If you find it annoying I would contact the dealer and see what he can do to disable the light. He may be able to use the Consult-II tool to electronically disable the TPMS system.

-njjoe

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hi,
i'll wait till next maintenance with it, as each visit to the dealer here (Switzerland) costs loads.
cheers

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
I am not aware that the low pressure light is connected to any other system (other than the pressure monitor) so if you can ignore the light and inflate your tires to the specs, I wouldn't worry about it until you can make it to the dealer for your next maintenance visit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts