Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everybody,

I'm a proud a very happy owner of an '06 Murano. I've been going through this forum and all I could say was WOW - it has a wealth of information.

I have a (hopefully) minor issue you could help me with. When I engage my parking brakes on my driveway and move the gear to neutral, the parking brakes dont seem to work - the car simply keeps sliding back on my sloping driveway.

Any pointers on how to break-in the parking brakes?

Thanks.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
MrGrin-

The parking brake does not need to be broken-in to operate properly. however, it does need to be properly installed. I suggest you have the dealer adjust the cable and/or inspect the parking brake assembly.

-njjoe

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
WoW

Never knew that about the parking brake neato info.

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
My e-brake is also not holding very well. Very weak stopping power. Wasn't that way when I first got the car.

I decided that I would just have the idiots at the dealership do it for me (if they can figure it out) when I do my recalls. I have some other things that they need to do at the same time.

I've been putting it off for several months now, hoping that they'll come out with better options for the fuel shield, and basically just dreading letting the technicians touch my MO.... :)

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
MrGrin-

The break-in procedure posted by Enforcer is for parking brakes that have been recently reworked. The parking brakes on a new Murano do NOT need to be broken-in. I suggest you contact your dealer and have them adjusted.

-njjoe

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Come to think of it, the parking on my MO is a bit on the weak side as well. Maybe adjustment is necessary.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all you guys for your replies. I plan to take it to the dealership to have them fix it. I'll keep you posted on how it goes. Thanks again for all the excellent inputs. Enforcer - thanks much for the photos.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts