Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DOes any one knows if there is a Brembo kit for the murano? At least on their website is not listed.

If someone knows of something compatible please post.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I know I have seen a front brake upgrade kit for the Murano, but I can't remember where, I wil try to find it for you. It was quite pricey though, something around $2,000 for it.

·
4,664 Posts
I actually don't know if there would be a significant difference as the Murano's brakes are pretty good! But they'd be nice eye candy!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The specs if found says that the murano and the FX uses the same size of Brakes (both front and rear ) highly likely the same ones.

My interest comes from the fact that these are the best brake system out there. Also before doing any mod to the Murano or any other cars is best to upgrade the brake system so you can control any increase in horsepower.
Any extra braking is usefull in any situation.
And from the fact that on 20 inch wheels the brake system looks too small .

Also Brembo Brake sytem will enhance the sporty, stillish, sophisticated look of the MURANO.
Only problem we might face is that
I don't know if a brembo disk upgrade will afect the Vehicle Dynamic Control.

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
american said:
The specs if found says that the murano and the FX uses the same size of Brakes (both front and rear ) highly likely the same ones.

My interest comes from the fact that these are the best brake system out there. Also before doing any mod to the Murano or any other cars is best to upgrade the brake system so you can control any increase in horsepower.
Any extra braking is usefull in any situation.
And from the fact that on 20 inch wheels the brake system looks too small .

Also Brembo Brake sytem will enhance the sporty, stillish, sophisticated look of the MURANO.
Only problem we might face is that
I don't know if a brembo disk upgrade will afect the Vehicle Dynamic Control.
should affect the vdc....... (functiions fine on the G, and there's been a g35 SEDAN owner that swapped out the oem binders to the brem's without issue...)

the BIGGEST diff. b/w the brem anbd the oem is the fade resistance in the brem caliupers/pistons.... due to their internal architecture and metals, they just dont go soft; period.....

the act. stopping difference jn the G w/ brem's and the G w/o brem's is about 4' from 60mph..... (brem G stops 2 feet longer from 60 than the Diablo ..... :^)

lets check part numbers, shal we??

MO:::

front rotor = 40206-ca000 (108.60)
front caliper = 41001-ca000(r) (367.41)

FX:::

front rotor = 40206-cg010 (115.62)
front caliper = 41001-cg000(r) (426.27)

G35 (non brem)

((list not avail till tomorrow))

******brake pad = 41060-ca090 BOTH FX AND MO!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the detailed specs i guess my source was no good.
thanks esemes
thanks to the forum

·
Registered
117 Posts
For that price, I'll be sticking with the stock brakes because they do a great job :cool:

·
the rally racing nut
83 Posts
if you were even thinking about spending all that money on brembos for an extra 4 ft, why not just keep getting aftermarket brake pads. would be more effective than discs anyways.

·
Registered
129 Posts
The Brakes on the Muraro are so good I have to wonder why anyone would spend big money for such a slight improvement.

A little bit of reaction time training would probably have considerably greater effect on braking distance than the mod.

4 feet .. tire compound batches could make that much difference!

·
Registered
443 Posts
... the same reason that they're on the G and the same reason street racers are slammed on 18 and 19" rims with painted calipers and cross drilled rotors: BLING.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts