• Both sides broken--mild conditions

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to gather some info as ammunition in dealing with Nissan Canada. Please respond to poll as appropriate, and add comments if necessary. I'm looking for feedback from all owners with factory fogs, not just Canadian folks.

Thanks

PS, my driver's side broke twice, both times within 100km of being new (once just after delivery, second time a few days after replacing the first one)

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Wow that is just bad luck. Mine has still in good shape. Reminds me of a roomate... we would always moutain bike together... on the same trails at the same time. Not kidding about 50% of the time he would get a flat.... I would never get one.

Was my old roomate in your MO? :2:

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Uh......I answered that I had no problems with mild climate and normal roads after more than 3 years with thousands of miles on Super Highways from Florida to Oklahoma to New Jersey, etc.

BUT, I have Invisible Bra Protection on my fog lights as well as headlights and all forward looking surfaces except the roof, plastic grille, and the windshield.
No paint chips or marks.
So, in effect, I am cheating. The Vinyl cover is very effective IMO of shrugging off direct hits from pebbles and stones........

Homer

·
Registered
777 Posts
3.5 years and 42k miles and no problem at all & I don't even have my car shrink rapped.
This includes a lot of trips on I70 & going to the lake of the Ozarks & campout outs all summer long down gravel roads.

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
Yup Me 2

No problems here.

If I were you guys up north with the gravel/salt mix, I would put a wire shield in front of the lens. I'm sure somebody makes them for that size.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I have always used the 3M-type plastic protective film (like X-Pel) since losing a fog light on a new Accord in the first week of ownership. The glass lenses of the fog lights seem especially vulnerable and I wish they would use the plastic covers like they do for the headdlights . Anyway, have not lost another light since. You can buy these as precut kits or just a sheet of the film very inexpensively http://www.xpel.com/products/bulk.asp
Cheers,
Matt

·
Super Moderator
7,793 Posts
mattski said:
I have always used the 3M-type plastic protective film (like X-Pel) since losing a fog light on a new Accord in the first week of ownership. The glass lenses of the fog lights seem especially vulnerable and I wish they would use the plastic covers like they do for the headdlights . Anyway, have not lost another light since. You can buy these as precut kits or just a sheet of the film very inexpensively http://www.xpel.com/products/bulk.asp
Cheers,
Matt
Mattski, THANK YOU!!

I have been buying 3-M protective film from Griot's Garage for some years. This must be the same stuff, and the website offers more choices.

I use this on all my high-end headlights and all driving lights. GREAT stuff, and easy to apply.

EDIT: I did more clicking on the site and found that they sell pre-cut kits for many cars including the Murano...and their prices are not cheap. For a generic install over driving lights, I think I'd go with the sheet material Griot's sells - it can be cut to fit the lights.

Another edit: I did more clicking and found that they make "Universal headlight kits" for older cars with over-the-shelf round and rectangular headlights (remember them?)

Their prices for these kits are very fair, and I recommend checking them out for your non-Murano cars.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
I've driven my MO everywhere except for those extreme off road trails. It handels gravel and pavement just fine.

My front bumper does look like it's been hit by a few rocks but nothing that would break a lens. However, I have been hit by a few of those rogue stones that put a crack on the windshield.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts