Nissan Murano Forum banner

Broken wire to rear seats

9K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Gonzo 
#1 ·
Some time over the last week the handle in the left and right side of the trunk area that controls the rear seat release has broken. Has any one had this issue or had to replace that wire. The seat can still lower the back of the seat from the local control at the back of the seat but the trunk control is handy. Any help would be appreciated.

#3 ·
Gonzo said:
Funny but I don't recall hearing anything like that on the forum. Perhaps the cable became disconnected and not broken from the handle. Are both handles INOP? That would be odd if both are INOP.
It is only the right side handle that has a broken wire, I can move the handle and see the wire attached to it. I have been unable to find where it is attached at the seat end.:8:

#4 ·
Stoker-

Are you able to tell if it is broken at the seat end or the remote latch end? You can use the operable side to see where it is supposed to connect.

-njjoe

#5 ·
njjoe said:
Stoker-

Are you able to tell if it is broken at the seat end or the remote latch end? You can use the operable side to see where it is supposed to connect.

-njjoe
It appears to be broken at the seat as the cable is still attached to the handle in the trunk area.

#6 ·
Stoker-

The following instructions are for the removal of the rear seat section to gain access to the cable.

I doubt the cable slipped out. Either the cable-end broke or the mating part where it attaches to the reclining mechanism broke.

Good luck.

-njjoe

Attachments

#7 ·
njjoe said:
Stoker-

The following instructions are for the removal of the rear seat section to gain access to the cable.

I doubt the cable slipped out. Either the cable-end broke or the mating part where it attaches to the reclining mechanism broke.

Good luck.

-njjoe
Thanks Njjoe
I will let you know what I found and how the repair went.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.