Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to you all. We are new owners and cannot be happier. White SL AWD, Nav, etc, etc. As many of you have reported our driver side door locks…unexpectedly…we also expect some kind of recall. However, one other thing seems to be a problem. Our pooch loves to view the scenery with his head out the rear drivers side window. When we open it for him at speeds above 30 mph we get severe buffeting in the car. It only stops when we open the passenger side front window. Any thoughts?? Thanks

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
the cabin shape lends itself to that aweful buffeting sound.... (same as when the moonroof is open, and you're driving at about 30mph).......

almost hurts my ears!!

S

by opening the other window, you equal it out a bit, and allow the air rushing thru an exit of sorts.......

·
Registered
719 Posts
Nissan actually issued a TSB about the buffeting issue (NTB03-013, issued 2/13/2003). They said that the sunroof being opened to the next to last postion (4th not 5th), as opposed to the last position eliminated the buffeting.

I have the SE AWD with sunroof and the sunroof wind deflector and have no problems with wind buffeting at any speed.

BTW, Having a dog hang it's head out the window of a moving vehicle is just asking for serious damage to the pet (when they get hit with a piece of flying debris at 30mph or higher). I'm not preaching, just trying for redemption after a pet of ours lost most of her vision by a small rock hit to one eye when I was a kid.

We crack the windows but don't let our dog's head get out side, just the tip of her nose!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I won't bore everyone with details, but the buffeting noise can/will occur in any car/truck with the windows in the "wrong" position.

It is caused by a vaccum being created when the air entering/exiting the cabin is at different speeds/pressures. The noise is actually created by the eardrum's reaction to the vaccum.

Typically by adjusting the position of the sunroof/window a little bit up/down or by opening an additional to create some balance gets rid of the problem.

Nissan already helped solve part of this problem as it relates to the sunroof. IF you look you will see that one of the position marks for the sunroof is fatter than the others. that spot has little to no buffeting compared to the full open sunroof.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your input re the buffeting. Tried all the suggestions and they all work. The sunroof seems to be the best. Now how about the door locking at times only chosen by the car?? I am planning to ask the dealer for two additional keys because of the problem...we will see what kind of reaction I get. We love the car and finally, after 2 months saw another white one. The name Glasse is now on the car's plate and I am sure only those with inside info recognize the significance of it. Take care, out there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts