Nissan Murano Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts
I totally did not understand the instructions on how to reset this dumb (blond) indicator when I followed the thread.

And I hate giving the dealership money for a no brainer!!!!

Can you translate the instructions for me?

An Eclipse is the most awesome sportscar made by Mitsubishi - in 1997 - especially when it is white and turbo charged - it would leave my Muranno at the gate - and I sold it to my son, when I bought the Murrano - had it 7 years and never a problem.... (sob, sob, sob)

Where do you live?

Scottsdale AZ. If you are not comfortable doing this go to the dealer or an auto supply store (who will probably both read the code and reset the light for little to no cost) If you must Try this:
This will erase the code and you will not know what it says. but it will be off.

1. Be sure the accelerator is not depressed.
2. Turn Ignition to ON, not start. (don't start car)(don't start car)
3. Fully Depress and fully release the accelerator 5 times within 5 seconds.
4. Wait 7 seconds and fully depress accelerator pedal and hold it down for 10 seconds, until the service engine soon light starts to blink.
5.Wait least 1 minute while the service engine light blinks.
6. Press the accelerator pedal fully and hold for 10 seconds and then release.
7. Turn off ignition.

Service light should be out. If not or it comes on you must go to dealer!

I'm in Canton, but grew up in Duluth and have also lived in Buford (on Lanier). Here's my situation:

We are a Nissan family. If we purchase a Murano it would be our 5th Nissan/Infiniti. Currently I have a 02' Spec V (with aftermarket/Nismo goodies) and the wife has a 99' Altima GLE.

We just had our first child in Oct. and we have just outgrown her car and mine is obviously a no-no. We are looking for a preowned 04' with somewhere between 25-30K (this way some of the 36K warranty is still intact). What kind of price is good/reasonable for an SL with leather (don't need the Nav, etc)?

I've found one good one (I think). Its a 04' SL with 26+K miles, Pewter with dark cloth interior. Asking 23.3K. It had a free autocheck report too and it was a lease/fleet vehicle in Florida. Its about 13 months or so from brand new. Its at United Nissan in Morrow (I have no experience with them) Your thoughts?

Alpharetta - purchased in late September 2010 - really liking it so far.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.