Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if a Bug deflector or Bra is available yet for the Murano. I didn't see one in the Nissan parts catalog at the dealership. I definitely want to invest in some type of protection to prevent all the potential dings/chips that's bound to happen. I don't understand why Nissan wouldn't have one. I know the Murano is still relatively new but Nissan should be better prepared. They have them for their other SUV/MiniVans. Oh well, hope there's aftermarket available :?:

·
Registered
180 Posts
They show a bra on the website but it's only one of those that fit over the hood; the rest of the front end is bare. Haven't seen or heard about a bug deflector. For what it's worth (and for however true it is), a friend told me he had read those bug deflectors take away from the aeordynamics and impact the mpg. Here's another option: on my Pathfinder, I had this thing called "stoneguard" put on the front end. It's a thick, clear film (by 3M) that serves the same purpose as the bug deflector (more or less). The best part was that I could still use my bra on really long road trips -- slips right over it. It's excellent. I'm going to get the same thing put on my Murano sometime next month. Here in Canada, it's worth about $75-$100. I bought the first one from a Ziebart dealer and I know Ziebart is in both Canada and the US.

·
4,664 Posts
You can get both. I saw the bug deflector in a dealership west of Toronto. It's smoke plastic and lines up nicely with the headlights.

·
Registered
65 Posts
hmmm, I am trying to decide if those bug/rock protectors improve or detract from the look of the vehicle?

dtwalkerfl's photo looks pretty nice. Even nicer than the one on the WeatherTech site. I would like to see a full profile shot with the deflector on but I am leaning toward getting one as I know it saved our other 2 vehicles a lot of hood damage (as evidenced by a impact crack in my deflector!)

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I have the Weathertech deflector too. It is very easy to install and did a great job on my recent 2000 mile roadtrip. Well I didn't get any windshield dings, and I heard many front end impacts from bugs and stones, so I guess it really works! I would however, get a full front end bra whenever nissan has one available though since its pretty nasty cleaning bugs off the huge front bumper of the murano.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm looking at buying a bug/stone deflector.

There are 2 on the market from what I can see.
- Nissan original Bug Deflector (from dealer)
- WeatherTech Bug Deflector

Is there any difference? Look? Quality?

Any advice on which one to buy would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
65 Posts
The WeatherTech version looks to be a little shorter top to bottom. There was a pic of the Nissan version here or on freshalloy.com, but I cannot find it now.

Also, Parky claims that Nissan NA does not sell the OEM deflector in the US, only in Canada? parky's post

I have the weathertech deflector sitting in my front room, with mats, a sun shield, and bumper guard! I get my car in 1.5 hours! I am going to put clear bra on the front lower section of the car.

·
Registered
65 Posts
magnetic bra

Like other bras, that looks like it would protect, but not deflect. I guess you could get it painted to match or just go with a clear bra? I think I prefer the looks of a deflector over a bra on this vehicle. I am going to install my deflector this evening. I have not even driven the vehicle yet!! :mad:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts