Nissan Murano Forum banner

Bug deflector

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Dij 
#1 ·
I "might" be interested in the Nissan Bug Deflector.
But here's the problem, I can't find a picture of the CURRENT model.

It seems that whoever tested the original deflector didn't catch a flaw and the thing had a habit of breaking loose and tearing up the hood.
I know that RainbowFarm had this problem and now Wayne P.
Here is Wayne's post copied down from "Problems"

"I would recommend you go with the new Nissan deflector. My MO came with a Nissan bug deflector installed when I bought it at the end of August. This fall I was on a long road trip and enjoying some high speed driving when there was a hell of a noise. It sounded like a transport jake brake. It took me a moment to realize the bug deflector came loose on the drivers side and was flapping rapidly against the hood.

Needless to say it startled me. At first I was relieved the noise was nothing serious, then I was annoyed the flapping plastic had scuffed the hood. I had to get an allen key and tighten the fastener a couple of times during the remainder of my trip.

When I returned home I went to see my dealer. They were aware of a design problem with the original bug deflector and installed a new one of slightly different design. The new one sits a bit lower on the hood and has a semi circular cut out in the center so as not to cover the Nissan emblem. It makes it a bit more difficult to reach the hood release, but otherwise it is much better then the first one.

Wayne P"

So there IS a new one. Anybody know where a pix exists of the NEW one?

Homer

See less See more
#2 ·
I have the weathertech deflector and its pretty good. However, I always liked the look of a nose mask better, and Colgan just came out with an application for the Murano. I ordered one and it will be in sometime next week.

#3 ·
I asked my dealer if he could get me a nissan bug deflector and he said they don't make them.
Does someone have a part # so I can get one from Nissan?
Or should I just go aftermarket?
I would rather get a nissan one as I like to stick with aftermarket parts from the dealer, they seem to fit better.
Thanks,
Chez

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.