Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bug Deflector

Snowed here in my area of the burgh so I put on my weather tech bug Deflector. Took me about ten min. 9 was reading directions to make sure which fastners to take out. Does not look bad , it does stand away from the hood. Next project since its the 1st of the month an my retirement check came is body side moldings. Hope this is the last snow for the year so all the gravel, dirt, salt gets washed away

·
Registered
168 Posts
How hi of a profile is the WeatherTec? By that I mean does it angle up hi enough to push enough air over the top of the windshield? I have a VentGuard on my Xterra and it did not! In Fla we get a tremendous amount of bugs during certain parts of the season.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Well, if you end up taking it off & want to sell, PM me. I still have a few things in the garage I have yet to put on and might add one more.:8:

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Corin, I don't think they do too well as windsheild protectors like the big angled up chrome ones do on semi tractors (that's where they originated from). But they do protect the front of the hood from stone chips. I had a suburban which suffered the same damage a lot of Mo owners see--chipped straight to the primer. I touched the many places up and put on a deflector, I never had another chip.
Plenty of bugs smacked the windshield though.
Each time I waxed the deflector I could feel new little gouges in the deflector that would have been chips in my paint.
I know you have stoneguard, but the film on my bumper also has some nicks from rocks. You may want to keep it on there.....I wish they came in clear....

·
Registered
168 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Yes, I stumbled across this exact ad on my hunt for one I liked.
It's kinda sad that autos like the PT cruiser, old Quests, dodge trucks and other autos can have some really neat designs made just for that car's lines, when we have to sit back and take the same old shields just bent to take our hood opening line. I want one that follows the line of the drop on the front of the hood and tapers off with the line of the headlight top. Not too much to ask IMHO, and surely not too hard to fabricate, it is cast, you just make the die.

:rolleyes:

I may have to go with a clear generic though....something's better than nothing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts