Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
horror ... I neglected to clean off the bugs soon enough after a recent road trip. Much to my chagrin I have a large yellow stain in the front bumper. :(

I have tried Turtle Wax Bug & Tar Remover to no avail. Am I doomed to bear this scar forever or does anyone have an idea how to remove it?

Help please!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Enforcer ....

I will give it a try today... never in all my life have I had a bug actualy stain a car I have owned!

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
I have, yellow stains. Tough bugs, don't know what they are. At first, thought I got into some kind of paint or chemicals. Then it happened again and I noticed the bits of bug body around it. And it only took a day for it to stain. It goes right through carnuba. Only thing I can figure out is their guts are acidic. The turtle wax worked for me and I had to rub and rub and rub ... and then rub some more. But it's gentle stuff. Would rather do that then mess up using something nastier. If you find a better method, let me know.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can't find the clearcoat polish and restorer ...
bought some meguir's scratch n stain ...

we'll see ... will let you know

·
Registered
50 Posts
Anyone know of a product that you can apply that would help with the bug problem? I can't get mine off either, I am going to try the suggestion above, thanks, but any suggestions for prevention would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
ChuckB, you may want to try citrus. I just found this:

Bug stains, like bird droppings, are very acidic ...

Did you know that shellac is a bug byproduct? ...

The secret to removing insect remains is to loosen and dissolve them with a solvent that will cut through the shellac. Porsche's fanatical desire to prevent paint damage resulted in the development of Porsche Tequipment Insect Remover. This citric acid based cleaning solution will gently remove even the most stubborn bug remains...

ayroque, the best thing I can say is wax...and lots of it. There was also a product for brake dust I heard about once called Rim Ice??? And turtle wax claims their bug wipes help prevent bug stains, but I don't know...

You could make a mint if you'd come up with bug-X. Kinda like rainX only for bugs! I'm thinking a teflon coating like you find in the kitchen skillet! :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok ... the Meguires didn't work!

on to the next idea! although I am not sure what that is....

I do have a FOOLproof way of keeping bugsd off your auto.

I used to live in Las Vegas .... I NEVER EVER had a bug on my car!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts