Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have looked thru threads on bug / stone guards. I saw some pics and was wondering if what you good people thought. Thinking about the weathertech one. THANKS, a lot of good info here and nice folks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,637 Posts
I have the weathertech bug guard.
I love the look, it was a drilless, quick installation, and judging by the little nicks all over it, it's doing a fine job.

I just searched my drive for the photo of it that I know I took, no luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks !!!! Will call for one today.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
289 Posts
Ordered a Lund bug deflector,awaiting delivery.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,402 Posts
I have the weathertech one but removed it when I installed the Colgan bra, which I like much better.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,244 Posts
Got my weathertech bug deflector today, and got it installed. I like the look from the front, but from the side it seems to stick out from the hood quite a bit. I'm a little undecided as to how much I really like it. I'll wait for my final decision after I get my new grill installed.


Picture from the front:
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
289 Posts
Lund bug deflector,stands off like the Weatherflector
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,244 Posts
Well, I took a trip across the state today. I'm not that impressed with the WeatherTech bug deflector. I don't think it reduced the number of bugs on the windshield at all. The wife says it looks goofy, I'm "iffy" on the looks, and it doesn't seem to have any functionality (my hood is already protected with StonGard) so I'm might be removing it. We'll see. I'll give it a few more days.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
289 Posts
Haven't had a chance to truly test mine yet,hope it helps.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,402 Posts
Corin said:
Well, I took a trip across the state today. I'm not that impressed with the WeatherTech bug deflector. I don't think it reduced the number of bugs on the windshield at all. The wife says it looks goofy, I'm "iffy" on the looks, and it doesn't seem to have any functionality (my hood is already protected with StonGard) so I'm might be removing it. We'll see. I'll give it a few more days.
This is why I went with the Colgan bra instead. The Weathertech bug deflector kind of spoiled the smooth organic curves of the Murano.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
There really is no need for the bug deflector with the StonGard because the bugs will clean right off of the film and rock chips are prevented. Why not let the cars natural beauty and color shine through?

Jer
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,244 Posts
Protector said:
There really is no need for the bug deflector with the StonGard because the bugs will clean right off of the film and rock chips are prevented. Why not let the cars natural beauty and color shine through?

Jer
I was hoping to change the aerodynamics enough with the bug deflector to keep the bugs off my windshield. I don't really care about bugs on my hood/bumper, they can wash off easily. I just don't like it when I have to stop the car driving through central washington because I can no longer see through the bug guts (yes, it gets that bad during certain times of the year).
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,280 Posts
Corin said:
I just don't like it when I have to stop the car driving through central washington because I can no longer see through the bug guts (yes, it gets that bad during certain times of the year).
Sounds like you would also need to screen off your radiator so it won't get plugged by bugs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
177 Posts
I'm WITH YOU on that Corin! That's why I made a "Condom" out of the Venture Shield for most of the Mo. Whay if you places some rubber spacers behind the deflector to lift the angle up?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,244 Posts
zebelkhan said:

Sounds like you would also need to screen off your radiator so it won't get plugged by bugs.
Already ordered my cloud-rider screen. Just waiting for delivery. Seems like they take a long time....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,244 Posts
grfg8r said:
I'm WITH YOU on that Corin! That's why I made a "Condom" out of the Venture Shield for most of the Mo. Whay if you places some rubber spacers behind the deflector to lift the angle up?
There is such a large gap between the hood and deflector already that you would have to have some MONSTER spacers in there. Might work, but then the look would be even worse.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,004 Posts
Corin & the bugs.

Hey Corin... so was the final decision. What kind of bug protection did you end up with on the front of your hood?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,244 Posts
Re: Corin & the bugs.

TheGymKid said:
Hey Corin... so was the final decision. What kind of bug protection did you end up with on the front of your hood?
I think I'm going to get rid of the bug deflector and just stick with the StonGard. I have a couple people locally that might be interested, otherwise I'll offer it up for sale here.

It's not bad, and I've kind of gotten used to it. But my new grill is coming (stainless Z style, ordered off E-bay) and so far it seems that it's a tight fit anyway. The bug deflector anchors to the inside of the hood, so it might be a really tight squeeze getting the hood closed with both accessories. That's really what pushed me over the edge to get rid of the deflector.
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Top