Nissan Murano Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Re: Re: Corin & the bugs.

Corin said:

I think I'm going to get rid of the bug deflector and just stick with the StonGard.

Cool. Which kit did you get for stongard? I see you can go from headlights to enitre car if you wanted.

·
Premium Member
2,244 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Have just got my WeatherTech stone and bug guard; fitted it within 10 min no hassle at all. However, not so sure about it now; not sure if it goes with the Pearl White – wife also says: “… it does not work.” :(

Have seen another post with a pearl white mo and the black stone guard, however, I brought it even though I wasn’t sure then! Nevertheless, as I have had some major chips to the hood, on a trip to Amman (Jordan) from Tabuk (Saudi), from a bird that flew into the bottom deflector and then rolled up the grill into the hood I thought functionality over looks. To overcome the difference in colour, I have just asked our local Toyota dealer (best body shop around here) to spray it the same as the body colour; pick it up tomorrow. Let’s hope it turns out OK and looks good when fitted. ;)

·
Registered
86 Posts
I think the colour matched looks better than the black on white?:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
221 Posts
On a previous vehicle (Titan) I first had a clear guard painted to match the body color (painted on the back side so paint didn't chip on the front side) and was pretty darn nice looking. Didn't change the look of the vehicle at all. That guard got damaged and I found a stainless steel guard (actual solid piece of metal, not plated) and that thing was awesome.
Wish I could do the same with the MO.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi Candy,
I haven't been on here in a few years, sorry for the delay. I have attached the only picture I can find, you can hardly see the bug guard. You cannot see it when in the vehicle, either. I will look for another picture.
The shield works great.

Attachments

21 - 33 of 33 Posts