Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the nonNAV onboard comp screen the other day and I noticed that in the upper right hand quadrant there seem to be what appears like LED indicators for a built in phone.

Has anyone had any experience with it, how flexible is it when adapting to various manufacturers?

Thanks,
martin

·
4,601 Posts
Yeah the icons are there, the board layout is there, but the parts and I suspect the code, aren't...

Built in capability, but not yet implemented as far as I've seen, anywhere.

There's also an unused serial connection on the back of your radio, with no connector installed and the hole covered up with a black square of adhesive plastic.

Here's the display:

Attachments

·
4,601 Posts
Some of it traced out on the main board of the radio, on the component side...

Attachments

·
4,601 Posts
Some of it traced out on the "solder" side.... Note the labelling around the connector that feeds the daughter board that carries the connectors out the back for SAT, etc.

It was quite a while ago, that I did this, but I seem to see two audio paths and one switching path. Which got me thinking, that perhaps the IC that the two audio paths lead to, could be told to switch somehow, as it appears to be installed, but the inputs left open without the passive parts installed.

Attachments

·
4,601 Posts
OK, now this is bugging me... A closer look at the IC. Too bad it's not a better picture, but it was a rush job, as I really did want my radio back in the Murano!

You Electronic types can see the missing capacitors and resistors for the right side of the device, which is taking the + and - of a balanced input for the phones audio input.

Attachments

·
4,601 Posts
Here's a close up of the connector. Note the following labels:

TEL - ON
TEL (-)
TEL (+)

Other interesting things to geeks are the Nav audio input and also the unused connector pads to the right, which are set up for a DIN style connector, found on older Nissans.

I've not looked at installing this DIN, as most people don't want to mess with the radio's warranty in an obvious way. Installing tiny missing parts professionally, wouldn't be noticed by Nissan Warranty repair folks, 'cause they've got better things to do with their time. (Like find somewhere to stack all the failed alternators!)

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
I have an aftermarket voice recignition NAV unit, a cell phone kit and DVD. I have speakers installed for the NAV and phone, and I have an RF modulator for the DVD. I also have factory SAT radio. I would like to connect/integrate them all with the factory radio, ideas? Jaak. Your posts give me allot of ideas.. Thanks for all the time you spend on this! It is really appriciated!

·
4,601 Posts
Since you have Sat you can use that to open the audio port, but redirect your DVD audio into those inputs. You need an unbalanced to balanced audio adapter and a switch, or relay to switch the audio inputs.

The Nav could be fed to the Bose Amp, as could the cell phone. Take a look at the, er, uh, what thread was that in?

Oh, there it is... Muting the Radio thread...

Let me know if you need more detail...:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts