Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after about a month I got the front bumper grill from Cloud-rider. Here are some pictures.

I also installed a cheapo lisc plate holder to keep the front plate from being bent through the car washes. I like the new grill but I"m not that crazy about the the lisc plate holder.

Excuse the dirty MO... it was just washed about 15 minutes prior to the picture and the driven on the highway to work... yeach!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
842 Posts
I got my Cloud rider grill in November and I immediatly noticed a big drop in road garbage in that area. I am lucky to live where I live as we got rid of the need to have a front license plate back in 1992.

The only issue has been getting a small extension cord for the block heater cord to come up to the top of the grill to ba plugged in. :29: :29:

·
Registered
842 Posts
mozman said:
Looks nice.
How easy/hard was the installation?
It is very easy to install, it takes about 30 minutes. You only need a drill and a long narrow screwdriver to install it. The drill to drill a polit hole into the small corner pieces and the long narrow screw driver to help you in placing the clips onto the back supports.

If you have a block heater you will need to get a small extension cord to re-route the block heater cord to come out the top of the grill as the block heater cord is not long enough for this. good luck

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes installation is very easy and secure. Best part is the main grill is installed without modifications to the car and can be removed in 1 minute.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'm still waiting for mine, probably a few more weeks. Did I miss it somewhere where it says it take 6 weeks? In any case I can't wait. I haven't added to many things to my car since the stereo. I just got a chrome hitch cover though.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Post up some pictures when you do get it. I would like to see which pattern you got and how it came out.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Ok, yeah I think the license plate kills the look somewhat, but after looking down there and seeing rocks embedded on the radiator.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Looking at the web-site ... I'm in NJ which requires a front license plate. Given that. Would I have to get the grill with the front license plate option? Or can I go without it. What's the difference? I didn't notice any mention about it on the web site.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No they don't mention it and I had the same question. You WILL needt the model with the lisc plate cut out. If you don't get that it will not fit with a front lisc plate holder.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Thanks Gonzo.
It's great that people offer make and offer cool accessories for cars, but they really have to improve on descriptions and other vital info like that. It can only help you business and sales. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
828 Posts
To anyone with an installed bumper/radiator guard detail (a pic would be great!) tell me how it is attached?

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
dmako,

If you are referring to the item I installed see the first post. It has a close up picture. It simply attaches with some clips that are screwed in place. Very easy to install and remove if necessary.

·
Registered
828 Posts

·
4,601 Posts
That's pretty nice looking... One of the few accessories I actually like!

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If you need more detailed pictures of the installation I'm happy to take some more and post them. Just say the word.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Gonzo said:
If you need more detailed pictures of the installation I'm happy to take some more and post them. Just say the word.
The word!!

A few more pics would be great. I too am thinking of getting this. After reading the posts, I went and checked under the grill, not a lot debris, but there were a number of spots where something hit hard and left a few dings in the radiator or A/C condenser, whichever one it is.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here are some more pictures. I tried to get close enough so you could see how the grill was installed.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Gonzo said:
Here are some more pictures. I tried to get close enough so you could see how the grill was installed.
If you got any closer, I would feel like I was on the other side of the grill!! :2:
Thanks for the pics. Looks easy enough to install, even I can do it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts