Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to install bumper guards (front/rear) on my Murano because I live in NY :3: but not sure which to get. I've seen one that sells for $150 but it's made from aluminum so not sure if it's going to be durable enough. Any recommendations? Also what is the difference between bumper guard and nudge bar?

thanks,
webtekie

·
Registered
741 Posts
Look at the poll on this same subject and you'll find links to different configs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I order the Front and Rear Nudge bars from 4x4parts.com and I think its fairly strong enough to withstand minor parking bumps here and there. The only down side is that it doesn't protect the edges of the bumpers.
I live in the NYC as well and people here just don't give a crap about bumping into your car to get out.
I've also seen so far 5 muranos with the same front and rear bars.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Murano Bumper Guard

I picked up my new bumper guard and it looks very nice. The instructions were laid out pretty good so I proceeded to install. I started on the left side (driver side) with the wheel well and removed the inner molding stuff. I slipped the bracket up and into place and install, the two bolts, so far so good. Next, I started to remove the right side (passenger side) inner molding stuff and held the bracket in place, so far so good. Then it all went to hell in a hand basket so to speak. The hardest bold to install is the one next to the windshield water bottle, and when I started to hand thread it into the pre welded nut it stopped. After working with this for a haft hour I realized the threads inside the nut had paint and/or slag on them and the bolt would not go very far in, so I installed a spacer so I could move on (ha ha). I then noticed that the front end of this bracket was a tad down but did not think much of it. When reinstalling the plastic molding stuff an alien head bolt fell out from the bottom molding area, OH GRATE where did this come from? Now that I have had a couple of beers, I am ready to install the guard you’d think. As I had, the wife push up on the right side (passenger/troublesome side) I tighten the two bolts/nuts real good. Then I proceeded to have the wife pull away the left side (drivers side) and tighten these bolts. It looks like crap, I will need to remove the right side bracket and enlarge the front hole so I can move it up ever so slightly to alien it with the other side so they will be level. Then remount the bar again, oh what fun I am having but I will fix it. Just more than I had planed on. :(

Attachments

·
Registered
263 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Bumper Guard

This weekend I removed the hole thing and slotted the right hand side up and down so it would fit close to right and I think it worked. I will post a pic later today. This Bumper guard is the STOCK one from Nissan.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts