Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new MO owner and the one thing that makes me paranoid is the smooth, finished bumpers. It looks like if you accidentally tap anythihng, you'll muck up the bumper surface! This is compounded by the fact that it does take some time to get used to where your bumpers are in this vehicle. I do love the car though!

I have read many messages here about "bumper gurards" of various types. They all seem to refer to some kind of metal apparatus you bolt to the front and rear of the car. They are pretty substantial and hundreds of dollars.

What about the stick on pads that Nissan sells for the rear bumper? On the Nissan website they are called "Rear Bumper Protection." It looks like they are 3ft long rubber pads that stick on.

Does anyone have any experience with these? Do they truly offer some protection?

Also - are there variations or other places they are sold?

Thank you!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Welcome to Murano ownership. The rear bumper protection you are referring to attaches to the top surface of the rear bumper to protect it from scratches when loading items into the hatch. Does nothing for the face of the bumper. The bumper covers deflect when leaned against and unfortunately scratch easily and don't seem to buff out too well. You don't list what color your MO is, but mine shows everything.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah! I just see a bump in my future

Thanks for the clarification. Now that I look back at it, you're right.

My MO is "chardonnay" - at least that's the color as listed for the 2005. I have an 04. I didn't quite get the color name when I bought it. I just liked the color! It's a nice tan.

I've been searching the bumper guard options for hours. I think the Waag is kind of big. I was hoping to find something simple - Like the Nissan front guard but for the back.

I already backed kind of hard into a curb. I just don't have a sense of this car's exterior. The hood just drops down out of view too. Don't get me wrong, I really love this car.

I know there are similar discussions elsewhere in this forum but I'll ask: Does anyone have a great, simple bumper guard? What about the universal stick on bumper protectors ($20)?

Thanks!!

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
Phoenix Group

Hi PaulQ,

Put you name on the Phoenix Group if you get a chance. If we get enough maybe we can get listed on the clubs section of the forum. GRIP :D

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How do I post my name?

I'd like to post my name to the Phoenix group but I don't know how or where to do it?

·
5,100 Posts
It listed under clubs, Phoenix group, Just do a post. Thanks GRIP :D

·
38 Posts
paul q....

I got the nissan rear bumper protector and I love it. I do alot of traveling and Im an over-packer. It has definately stopped me from scratching up the back of my MO. Dont go get it from the dealership though. They are way too over-priced there. I looked on ebay and still found a cheaper alternative to the ones that were offered there. I got mine at autowebaccessories.com. Its listed for 22.37 and shipping is really well priced. It says that it's shipped out in 1-3 business days... but I ordered early in the morning on a thursday and recieved mine the very next day!

The people there are really great and the install of the piece is very easy.

Hope that I have helped!

-Jackie

PS.... The part is a genuine nissan part too, so its ensured to fit precisely on our MO's.:p

·
Registered
256 Posts
What timing! I was at Sam's Club yesterday loading the MO for next week's festivities when I noticed what I thought was wax residue on the bottom edge of the hatch. Upon closer inspection I came to realize all of the paint has been rubbed off the edge due to the OEM bumper protector. I have yet to take to dealer but it will be the first thing I mention at the next service. Has anyone else discovered this problem that has the OEM protector?

·
Registered
289 Posts
The bumper protector is sitck on. I've found the cheapest prices,$21.75 at www.nissanparts.org. Pinnacle Nissan AZ. I'am local to them so I don't know how they are on shipping.
No rubbing on mine.

·
38 Posts
lawbroker,

It is held on by two strips, the length of the entire bumper protector, of strong double-sided 3M taping. Im from rochester and we get a great deal of snow and I havent had a problem with it as of yet:) As far as the situation with the paint rubbing off, that just sucks!:3: It hasnt happened to me... and i hope it doesnt. Regardless, though, every nissan accessory is covered for a full year for any problems or defects. If you raise hell with your dealership, they will have to fix it because its included in the warranty for the part, as well as the warranty for the MO.

Jackie

·
38 Posts
MOpar:

1) Pinnicle Nissan is a bad bad place! if i recall correctly it is listed on this site under VERY bad dealerships and I believe many people who visit this site have said that Pinnicle likes to screw people over.

You can see what Gripperdon wrote about it when you do a site search for pinnicle nissan. I would rather spend the extra few dollars at another place because sometimes cheapest isnt the best

2) I tried to access their site and its very very hard to navigate... spent 25 minutes just trying to locate any murano accessories on the site and found none.

Thanks for your imput though- it really is a great part to have. I hope I might have helped you from a bad purchase.

-Jackie

·
Registered
289 Posts
I just use their prices to get matched by others dealers. I am
aware of Pinnacle, I've dealt with them three times trying to
buy vehicles. Only once did I.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Pinnacle

funny (or not) . . . i'm moving to Scottsdale next month and won't be living too far from Pinnacle. Based on what i've read here, i'm already searching for another Nissan dealer to do business with.

any suggestions? thanks!

lawbroker

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lawbroker...

I used Scottsdale Nissan on McDowell for my Pathfinder for many years. They are okay. I never really had any problems.

I bought my MO at ABC Nissan, a giant dealership, and the service people seemed nice and helpful. I had to go back once to have a key done so that makes a total of two visits. They also seem like they have a large service department. ABC is in central Phoenix.

If I had to choose, I'd probably go to ABC but Scottsdale Nissan is MUCH closer to my home.

·
5,100 Posts
Do a PM to RICHIE he knows a lot about the local dealers.

·
Registered
41 Posts
;) I understand Scottsdale Nissan is part of the Berge Group that owns Bell Ford, Bell Lexus. I don't believe that includes Berge Ford.
Richie

·
Registered
472 Posts
I just bought the Nissan Murano bumper protector from my dealer. The parts department quoted $34 for the part but after I told them I could get mail order they sold it to me for $25. It looks really nice on the platinum color. My sons said the car looks better with the bumper protector than without it and I agree.

·
5,100 Posts
Well! Looks like I'll have to tell Santa.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Bumper Protector

Grip,
It was the first thing I bought for the Mo. You won't be sorry if you get one. I can see scratches and rub marks on the bumper protector that would have been in my paint. I do notice these on most other manufacturers SUV's and they appear to be stock. Nissan take a hint!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts