Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2006 SL, AWD w/ the touring package. Overall it's a great car and I enjoy it. However, within a week of me purchasing the car I noticed that when I was traveling on the highway and hit a bump, the back side of the vehicle would catch a little air and slide out from under me. Took the vehicle in and they found the left rear strut was bad. I wouldn't of known that it could have been the strut except for that I read other posts on this forum with the same problem.

Anyway, I don't get the rear slipping sensation anymore but the ride is still quite stiff. I get bumped and jolted around pretty bad. I've got a bad lower back and the car is really tough on me. I did rent a MO with cloth interior when mine was in the shop and it seem much softer ride, maybe it's the seats. Anyone else have feel their car (an SL) is so stiff that you get bumped and jolted around alot.

Thanks,
Eric

·
5,244 Posts
Hi Eric,

I would be glad to swap mine SL with you! Seriously, I thought when I got mine that it was "stiff", now it is "Soft". I am thinking about changing shocks and springs. Maybe for SE springs. Give it a few months and you willbe surprised how soft it becomes......or maybe it is just me..;)

·
Registered
545 Posts
Maybe you want to check your tire pressure. Most MO's come in with about 50lbs and the service people don't do any adjustments even though we pay a stiff price for dealer prep. Find a nice balance, maybe 35 front, 33 rear or all at 34lbs. Lots of pounds will shake you around, lol!

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
The Murano, even in SL form, does ride more stiffly than other crossover SUVs. Since you've got your tires at the correct pressure, maybe there is a really soft pillow or firm lumbar support you can find to put on the seat to make the ride more comfortable?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Go to your local "Relax-A-Back" store. They sell a butt contured cushion made of high density memopry foam. It fits the seat on leather cushioned murano's just fine. It soved the problem for this old guy whose butt cushioning has somehow moved to his belly.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
sullivac said:
It soved the problem for this old guy whose butt cushioning has somehow moved to his belly.
:21:

That's a great line!

-njjoe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts