Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
That's 50 as in fifty, right, no typo?

If so, that means your vehicle is brand new. What this probably is is a coating on the engine burning off. They use a sealant or something while the vehicle is in transit (or just new from the factory) that 'cooks off' during the first 100 miles or so.

At least that's what I've heard on this forum. Right guys?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have had the same smell when i drove mine for the first time, It goes away with time as you drive it. It may be the CC burning in or some fluids that are on the engine. If it last for a long time or gets worse after a couple 100 mines, go to the dealer and let them check, maybe they left something on the engine that was to come off at delivery.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the reply.. I thought it was some kind of engine coating that could be burning off too. I just wanted to know if other members have same problem. If smell doesn't go away, I'll probably take it to the dealer... And yes it has 50miles, now 60....

·
Registered
149 Posts
Yeah, when i drove home from the dealer, I noticed the smell, thought i had the Emergercy Brake on or something was wrong, pulled over and checked and it seemed to be coming from the engine compartment and the exhaust. but it is all better now

·
Registered
97 Posts
Same here. Have almost 1,000 km (600 miles) and still get a rubber burning smell. Most prominent after long highway run. Seems to be getting fainter. Don't smell it in the car.

·
4,664 Posts
I had the same thing, wayyyyy back in February... You need to give it a good drive in the country and let it heat up enough to burn it off.

What really concerned me a couple of months ago, was the occasional smell of coolant, but the dealer's checked it and not found a problem. Must have had it maybe 3 times, but not recently. Of course, they could have fixed it and claimed that all was fine...;)

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Same thing here..... I love that smell NEW CAR BABY! :D

Have not smelled that for over 14 years.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts