Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am beginning to question my own sanity after I folded a business card about 3 times and fit it in between the gap near my glovebox to quiet the rattling noise. I haven't had my 1st checkup yet, but this item will be addressed. I do have a window tick but I don't want an indescrimate dismantling of my doors until a certified fix is approved.

Just beginning to wonder about my decision to get the MO after I read so many posts here about cardboard and business card temporary fixes on a 32+ thousand dollar car, as well as people ripping their own doors apart multiple times. I am leary about having the service department tear my doors apart and in turn causing more problems.

I've read posts where doors have been dismantled more than once and question whether that can end up being detrimental in the long run.

This past weekend I had a ride in my father-in-law's 1992 Chrysler Town and Country with 138, 000 miles on it. The only rattling noise I heard were the keys jangling against the steering column.

I still love driving my MO, the engine can't be beat and the drive is fantastic, but it is very disappointing to spend so much cash and then have to use a 25 cent business card as a noise abater. I did, by the way reduce the tire's PSI to the recommended setting but that hasn't fixed anything. :eek: :eek: :mad:

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
I too hate having the business cards in my doors, but i can't complain because, after all it did fix the problem. I made sure to tell the Nissan Customer Satisfaction person that called me that I was unhappy with the fact that I brought in my car and told them I had the window tick, they said they fixed it (by lubbing up the window track?) and then it came back 10 minutes after I left the dealer. I'm kind of proud that all it took was 2 business cards in my doors to fix this problem.

2 cons to this mod for me were:
I can still feel the top part of the door move/flex when I go over bumps
When I close the door harder than I normally do it has a more hollow sound. This is true for both of my doors.

I wonder if I should add "Business Card-Door Mod" to my extras list? :rolleyes:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts