Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can pick up a 2004 SL AWD with touring package for $30,400 new...

Should I get it??? :)

I know the '05s are just around the corner, but other than the intelligent key, I don't think I'll be missing much. Besides... This is for the wife. :D

Thanks!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ekaxel said:
Would you NOT buy it if it was for you?
Is it a good price for a end of the model year Murano???

I'd certainly buy it, if the price is right. :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dealer says this is their bottom offer. Also threw in 4 oil changes and loaners when the car is brought in for service....

Oh free car washes too... :p :p :p

·
NO-MO-SNOW
891 Posts
I think it is a pretty good deal. And we've all seen what comes with the 05....nothing too earth shattering except for the backup camera. If you feel happy about the deal and it's the color you want then I would say go for it.

And if you just want to trade your G35 for the Murano let me know. :cool:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Snow MO said:
I think it is a pretty good deal. And we've all seen what comes with the 05....nothing too earth shattering except for the backup camera. If you feel happy about the deal and it's the color you want then I would say go for it.

And if you just want to trade your G35 for the Murano let me know. :cool:
lol

I'm trying to work the local dealer, but they're being pretty stubborn. I may have to go to another dealer, but then I lose the convinience factor of having loaners, etc like 1/2 mile for me. :(

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
That is about what I paid for my 03 in August of last year. If you wait you will probably get a better price but perhaps not the exact car you want.

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
www.carsdirect.com is currently listing $31,186 (USD) for an AWD SL with Touring (no nav, sat, etc, just touring package and everything that comes with that).

I would think that dealers trying to get rid of inventory to make way for the 05s would be willing to drop under that price by at least a couple grand.

Keep arguing, or wait for the 05. Who knows, maybe they are putting a different alternator in the 05 that they're not telling us because that would be admitting a problem? Or maybe they fixed a few dozen rattle points? Or maybe they are changing the option packaging so that you can get the VDC package without getting leather? <he says with fingers crossed>

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
None of the 'st-ealers' are moving off of mid 30.5K numbers... NONE...

DOH!

I guess I don't have to buy right now... :(

·
Registered
438 Posts
A dealer demo, however, is a used car no matter what the dealer tries to tell you. True, it hasn't been previously sold. But it has several thousand miles put on it by someone who isn't going to have to deal with the long term effects of their abuse of the mechanicals. So, not a direct comparison to a car with no miles.

I think that is a fair price. Go for it if it is equiped the way you want and you like the color.

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
I bought my 03 SL AWD (base model) on last year nov 2003.

So it is the end of year model, in analogy to you are buying an 04 before the next model yr coming in.

The price of the car was:
Sticker $33,000 (includes tax, title reg, prep fee)
Invoice $28,343 (excludes tax, title reg, prep fee)
After bargaining and hagling, i got the car for $28,8xx, including everything plus a maintenance coupons up to 60K miles worth around $500.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Scrib

Seems like the dealers are all pretty set on the $30,500 mark.

Suggestion: wait one week (end of the month) walk in with cheque in hand. for $30K (or less if that is what you want to pay).

Go to the GM of Sales, not to a salesman and hand him/her cheque.
Only thing is ... you gotta be prepared to walk.

And since you said you don't have to buy right now... this may work for you.

If not, you are out nothing.

I got them down about $1500.00 CDN from the "This is our bottom line" price by handing them a cheque

Mark

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Fstrnu said:
Scrib

Seems like the dealers are all pretty set on the $30,500 mark.

Suggestion: wait one week (end of the month) walk in with cheque in hand. for $30K (or less if that is what you want to pay).

Go to the GM of Sales, not to a salesman and hand him/her cheque.
Only thing is ... you gotta be prepared to walk.

And since you said you don't have to buy right now... this may work for you.

If not, you are out nothing.

I got them down about $1500.00 CDN from the "This is our bottom line" price by handing them a cheque

Mark

Not a bad idea... I've basically already walked once, telling them that unless they give me under 30K, I'm not buying. The salesman bascailly started to beg, which I then politely told him to "be quiet"... :D

I wonder what will happen after this month.. It's already at $1,000 customer cash and there are a TON of '04 left around here. Gotta wonder if something better is coming? Wishful thnking probably...

·
Registered
12 Posts
We bought our Mo (AWD Touring, with mats, roof bars, and splash) for about $30,600 (including rebate) about 2 weeks ago. I had 3 dealers at that price (dealer I bought from, Carmax, and one other).

I think it worked out to about $500 under invoice. The only thing you'll gain with the 05 touring is the intelligent key (and whatever price increase there is). IMHO, I don't think you'll get as good a deal on an '05 right away.

-Mike

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Seems that every dealer is just doing invoice minus the $1000 incentive right now... Can't get anyone below $30,000.

Ya, I'm basically trying to steal an '04 Murano, but you'd think dealers would want to move these things??? All the dealers in my area still have a ton of stock left.

I think I'm gonna roll the dice and see what happens on November 1 after the incentive expries... I wonder if Nissan will come out with something better to encourage sale of the remaining '04s???

·
Registered
13 Posts
hey!!! My local Nissan dealerships have at least 5-6 per lot, and they are all loaded with an MSRP of $35k on up for the most inexpensive model. How much less is invoice typically?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
wandl said:
hey!!! My local Nissan dealerships have at least 5-6 per lot, and they are all loaded with an MSRP of $35k on up for the most inexpensive model. How much less is invoice typically?
carsdirect.com or edmunds.com shows the invoice price based on options, etc... The 35K cars have an invoice somewhere in the 31.7K range or so... So with the $1000 cash back, it ends up being 30.7ish is what I'm getting offered.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Probably going to wait when the 05's are in...maybe they'll be more desperate then.....

or get that fx35 out in cali :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts