Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a 2015 Nissan murano SL AWD in black. It only has 13k miles and is a really good price (around 25k). It was a manufacture buyback so that's why the price is so good. The issue was fixed and seemed that it was minor issue with cruise control (which I never use). I drive about 40k miles a year so if I buyit I plan to drive it to like 200k miles so the buyback issue woulnt be a issue for me when I go to trade it in in 4 or 5 years since it wont be worth much anyway. Here was the issue as described on the paperwork. I drove the vehicle and it drove perfect. It looks mint condition. what do you think? Should I get it?

"cruise control inoperative - Mirror settings - Reconfigured the anti-break system control module and performed steering angle sensor calibration to resolve cruise control concerns. replaced the right front door harness and right front mirror to resolve minor setting concerns"

·
Super Moderator
7,776 Posts
If that's all that needed correction, a good price goes a long way to saying "yes."

If you resell, you aren't required to disclose a "buyback", so that shouldn't be an issue.

Sounds like someone with low patience bought it, raised a fuss, and they bought it back to quiet them down. Just make sure that's all that was at issue - and make sure you have the factory warranty.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If that's all that needed correction, a good price goes a long way to saying "yes."

If you resell, you aren't required to disclose a "buyback", so that shouldn't be an issue.

Sounds like someone with low patience bought it, raised a fuss, and they bought it back to quiet them down. Just make sure that's all that was at issue - and make sure you have the factory warranty.
yeah im hoping to take advantage of it and get it. if it was a buyback because of an issue with the trans or engine, like they felt stalling or weird sounds from engine, then I wouldn't even look at it. But an issue with a side view mirror and cruise control, I don't even use cruise control and as long as the mirror isn't cracked im good with it

·
Registered
853 Posts
Considering the discounts out there, I have to ask if you’ve looked at deals on new ones. That seems like a retail price on a used Murano to me. Maybe I’m wrong.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Considering the discounts out there, I have to ask if you’ve looked at deals on new ones. That seems like a retail price on a used Murano to me. Maybe I’m wrong.
a new murano sl is 38k...I am look at 2015 (highest rated year) with 13k miles. saving 13k if I get this

·
Registered
853 Posts
But you can get $8K+ on Muranos right now. Even the newest models are discounted. I’d look really hard before buying used right now, especially under your circumstances.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Don't. Mine is going thru a buyback and it was originally a radar unit problem (tied to the adaptive cruise control system) and there's just problem after problem. I had to get my head unit replaced and my rear liftgate malfunctions even after reset and replacing control units. If it has an electrical problem, I feel like there will be more down the line.

·
Registered
16 Posts
2015 SL buyback

a new murano sl is 38k...I am look at 2015 (highest rated year) with 13k miles. saving 13k if I get this
I believe warranty is 3yr 36k miles. Your warranty is up in 2018. 2015 was the first yr out with new design. 1st year normally worst one to buy . 17 and 18 model less prone to manufacture issues I would hope. I would go with a newer model with no buy back issues which can be traced back by the next buyer. Be patient with your decision. Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts