Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be getting a 2005 SL AWD with touring and tech. Now I just need to pick a color!

I'm leaning towards Platinum. It's just perfect. But I need a second choice in case I can't find a Platinum near me.

I like Chardonay and even the new Merlot isn't bad. I've had silver for the past couple of years, so I need something a bit different.

Any thoughts???

Also, is it worth $650 to get the dynamic stability/traction control???

·
Registered
828 Posts
Don't know about color, but I would get any option that comes to your mind. It's just too hard to add later, or wish you had gotten.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Merlot! Ours is a beauty. I shined her up today, and there's nothing like the ruby metallic flecks in the paint when the sun hits her just right.....

·
Registered
717 Posts
IMO, a lot depends on where you live and the weather you have to deal with on a daily basis.

If I lived somewhere without winter, I'd go for the Blue in a heartbeat. The Burgundy would also be a top choice of mine.

Since I live in the snowbelt, it's got to be something that doesn't show the dirt as much so lighter colors for me.

There also is the matter of how much time you want to (actually will) put into maintaining the exterior fo the vehicle. Darker colors will always require more effort to clean, unless you don't mind driving a dirty dark colored vehicle.

I had a 95 Maxima in a color called Black Emerald. It was a major PITA to keep clean, but boy did it look nice when it was clean........

·
Registered
241 Posts
Listen to DKLanecky1...Absolutely right....I love our Cayman Blue Murano, but I have to wash it every single week...If you sneeze you can see the marks on it...

So glad I had the supagard option as it make cleaning the car easy...

·
Registered
57 Posts
dejongj said:
...If you sneeze you can see the marks on it...

My suggetion is stop sneezing on you car. Use tissue paper. :D

I have a black one. I didn't like the copper color before, but it some how it grew on me.

·
Registered
747 Posts
dklanecky1 and dejongj have it right. I have a Midnight Blue and even though I live in Florida it is still a struggle to keep it clean. Dust, Pollen, you name it, it all gathers on the Mo. I have recently seen two or three of the Merlot Murano's and they are a very nice color, very deep red. Though they would be just as tough to keep clean. If you want lower maintenance, go for the Pearl White or Silver. There really is not a bad color on the Murano.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Glacier Pearl!!

Glacier Pearl!

Get one with the VDC if it is available...
You can't add it on latter.....

·
Registered
278 Posts
Orange!

My personal favorite!

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
VDC is the bargain option on the Murano. Its worth the cost, and might save your life one day. Most people who did not get it, wish they had gotten it once they know what it does.

Here's a pic of my Murano. You can tell which color I like best! :p

Attachments

·
4,601 Posts
It doesn't matter which colour, 'cause they're all good! Mine's copper... But it wasn't a clear winner in choice. I have not regretted it for a microsecond, however! Looks great against green, looks great in the snow, looks great anywhere..

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
I also vote for copper. Avoid the herd colors and as a bonus you will never loose it in a parking lot again...lol.

PS - Wife still hates the color with a passion.

·
Registered
241 Posts
sricha said:
PS - Wife still hates the color with a passion.
Right! That has got to be the deciding factor!!! ROFLMAO

Although I do like copper now because it is new...I do think it will affect the resale value heavily as it is too trendy...Also the ones that I have seen drive by never seem to shine as much as the darker colors....

But you definitely stand out and have a talking point...

·
4,601 Posts
I like the uniqueness of the copper, although that's becoming less and less true, as Nissan's not the only one doing it.

I never have problems finding it in a parking lot, except one place I go, where there's another copper Murano! But I've walked through a parking lot and ended up next to a silver Murano, without realising until I'm right there. Silver blends in with all the other silver, so it doesn't stand out. Depending on your personality, that could be a good thing or a bad thing. But it really glistens in the sunlight, more than most silvers I've seen.

I find the lighter colours, such as silver, gold, copper, white, and even pewter, etc, really highlight the styling of the Murano, with it's upswept window line. I've always been partial to the impact orange and black gives, especially at Halloween, and on my 1972 Kawasaki 500 triple, so for me, the copper brings back very fond memories.

I love the blue as well, as I always liked that colour and the black is sharp, especially when clean, but suffers from the usual black colour issues, which may or may not be a problem, depending on how busy your life is, and where you live. The one thing I do find with the black, is the black window frame tends to get lost in the colour at a distance. This is good if you aren't keen on the styling of the windows, or you want that all black look. I would be tempted to change the grill or paint it, if I had black, as every time I see a black Murano, my eyes are drawn to the grill and it's actually a little distracting. Not an issue from the side or the back, just the front. It reminds me of a kid with braces, yet on other days, it's really sharp looking. I think if you keep the bling OEM grill on the black, you really need to offset it with bling chrome wheels.

I too was worried about the copper getting "old" and getting sick of such an intense colour. After two years of copper, I'm still in love with it, and it still looks fabulous in any setting. It's a sportier look than most, without doubt. If you are going for a classy look, instead of a sporty look, then I'd probably go for a platinum, silver, pewter...

It all depends on what's important to you, which colour is right. There is no wrong colour Murano, but you have to get which ever one makes you smile the most when you see it, and not worry about tiring of it. If you truly pick the one that makes you the happiest, it won't get old or tiring... I wouldn't worry about what other people like, get what YOU like. What's more important, getting in it and thinking "Yeah, Baby!" for years, or a someone else's perception of it, when it's time to change, one day?

My 2 cents (pence) for what it's worth....

·
Registered
241 Posts
Well put Jaak, it is an individual choice...

Thought the mention of your 1972 bike did confirm for me exactly my association with Orange...My dad had an orange Austin Allegro and an organe Opel Viva....

What I think is very special is the Copper with the matching leather interior...Really something special!

·
4,601 Posts
That reminds me of a bar I used to go to that had metallic red seat covers, in the 70's...:D

·
Registered
82 Posts
COPPER all the way!!! It is so gorgeous I can't take my eyes off it. It just lights right up in the sun. But more important I would not recommend a light interior as the dash board reflects on the window and it is quite disturbing. That doesn't happen with the dark colour dash.

Attachments

·
4,601 Posts
Actually that was one of the reasons I stayed away from the light interior. My 2000 Maxima had the latte interior, but it had a medium dark brown dash so the glare was low...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Platinum is the only way to go. White is pretty and practical, but you can't get the dark grey interior with it. The other exterior colors are nice looking, but dark colors are too hard to keep (and too hot in the south), and the copper color is bad news, if god forbid, you bend it and have to get it painted.
Don't hesitate on the traction control option. It's well worth it if you get into an emergency situation and need it. Consumer Reports has said this many times. Also good at resale.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts